Health Promotion Specialist
Lancaster General Hospital
7518 Community Health Services
Community Health & Collaborative Care Svcs
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); Mainly M-F, some evenings, early mornings and weekends.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
PURPOSE: Plan, implement and evaluate health promotion strategies through Community Health Needs Assessment. Assume responsibility and accountability for community initiatives related to community Health Improvement building strong internal and external partnerships to achieve goals.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 90%. Qualified individuals must have the ability - - with or without reasonable accommodation - - to perform the following duties:
- Assess Community Health Needs, interpreting local, state, and national health trends.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive plans that address health issues within our community using a socioecological approach, based on needs identified through the Community Health Needs Assessment.
- Provide comprehensive program outcome reports, including use of Community Health Improvement Scorecard.
- Update Community Health Improvement Plan, at least annually.
- Lead community partners to collaboratively focus efforts on evidence-based tools and practices to achieve mutually agreed upon goals.
- Facilitate community collaborative as assigned to address issues concerning our community.
- Drive collaboration within LG Health and LGHP to develop and maintain robust health education/promotion programs and processes for patients and families.
- Outreach to target populations using appropriate age and culturally competent strategies.
- Establish and maintain robust local and state relationships with organizations that have missions and/or goals that compliment key focus issues.
- Assist the LG Development office with identifying and writing grants to advance our initiatives related to health topics, managing grants when appropriate.
- Develop and track logic models as needed.
- Public speaking to community/corporate groups on community health improvement efforts and/or health data.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Serve as a role model for wellness to colleagues, staff and community at large.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Public Health, or Health related field required
- Strong statistical data collection, interpretation and reporting skills
- Strong track record of problem solving and collaboration.
- 3 + years of experience in hospital or health related field
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Master degree in Public Health, or Health related field or current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing preferred
- Experience with motivating and engaging diverse partners.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) is preferred.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position will be located in the Lancaster, PA area.
Posted on 07/26/2019