HVAC Mechanic (Fulll Time/ Day Shift)
Full time day shift position, Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Occasional On-Call/Weekend rotation. Includes On-Call November to March for snow removal as needed. Position is in a team driven environment serving the Suburban Pavilion and Women and Babies Hospital.
Performs maintenance and repairs to refrigeration equipment including ice machines, freezers, refrigerators, and water coolers. Performs all other HVAC work necessary to maintain, operate and/or construct buildings, grounds, property, utilities, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Troubleshoots, operates, and provides preventive maintenance services for chillers, ice machines, freezer units, water coolers, and all other refrigeration and chilled water systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on all equipment responsible for maintaining proper indoor air quality and space conditions. Calibrates, adjusts, exchanges, and rebuilds thermostats, pneumatic valves, and ATC devices. Services induction units and changes filters. Inspects and services reheat and dual temperature systems. Cleans strainers and coils. Investigates, recommends operational changes, adjusts fan discharge temperatures, and repairs humidification systems.
- Under direct supervision troubleshoots, operates, and maintains air handling and control systems to assure optimum conditions. Repairs/replaces electronic and pneumatic components, changes plenum and unit filters, and performs appropriate cleaning at scheduled intervals. Inspects, adjusts, replaces, and lubricates all mechanical and electrical equipment/components. Performs preventive maintenance that satisfies JCAHO, DOH and hospital policies and guidelines.
- Troubleshoots, operates, and repairs compressed air systems and refrigerated air dryers.
- Performs basic plumbing repairs and installations for water, steam, condensation, pneumatic, drainage, and refrigeration systems.
- Supports others with air balancing, static pressure, and flow measurement on air distribution systems.
- Performs routine “house call” type duties and repairs.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Services and repairs pumps, motors, and valves.
- Assists general metal working and pipe fitting task.
- Orders essential parts and supplies and maintains an adequate inventory.
- Performs snow removal duties.
- Assists with installation of new conduit, wiring, switches, outlets, etc. associated with remodeling renovation or construction related projects.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Universal Certification (Refrigeration)
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Five (5) years HVAC service/installation.
- Two (2) years technical training in HVACR or equivalent.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Graduate of trade school and/or apprenticeship
- Five (5) years hospital construction/maintenance.
- Two (2) years master or journeyman trade status.
- Two (2) years commercial scale HVACR.
- Two (2) years DDC and energy management.
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 12/16/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.