HVAC Mechanic (Full Time/Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm; occ off shift work and weekends as needed. On-Call rotation 1 week every 4 weeks.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Responsible for managing the daily HVAC/R activities of staff and outside contractors. Performs all HVAC work necessary to maintain, operative and/or construct buildings, grounds, property, utilities, and equipment. Performs maintenance and repairs to refrigeration equipment including ice machines, freezers, refrigerators, and water coolers. Leads HVAC mechanics through work distribution, job scheduling, coordination with other crafts, and through monitoring/evaluation of performance. Communicates with peers, staff, contractors, and customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Troubleshoots, operates, and provides P/M services for chillers, ice machines, freezer units, water coolers, and all other refrigeration and chilled water systems. Manage and coordinate the compliance of the Refrigerant Recover program for the Plant Engineering Department. Troubleshoots, operates, and repairs compressed air systems and refrigerated air dryers.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on all equipment responsible for maintaining proper indoor air quality and space conditions. Calibrates, adjusts, exchanges, and rebuilds thermostats, pneumatic valves, and ATC devices. Services induction units and changes filters. Inspects and services reheat and dual temperature systems. Cleans strainers and coils. Investigates, recommends operational changes, adjusts fan discharge temperatures, and repairs humidification systems.
- Troubleshoots, operates, and maintains air handling and control systems to assure optimum conditions. Repairs/replaces electronic and pneumatic components, changes plenum and unit filters, and performs appropriate cleaning at scheduled intervals. Inspects, adjusts, replaces, and lubricates all mechanical and electrical equipment/components.
- Performs basic plumbing repairs and installations for water, steam, condensate, pneumatic, drainage, and refrigeration systems. Performs air balancing, static pressure, and flow measurement on air distribution systems. Manage, coordinates installation of major HVAC equipment through use of assigned staff or contractors through completion of work.
- Provides programming with open architecture, such as Siemens, Johnson, Siebe, or other major DDC system. Troubleshoots DDC, PLC and components of a Building Automation system. Performs trend analysis of programmable temperature parameter.
- Provides on-call and technical assistance as necessary and scheduled. Maintains and prepares schedules and makes daily work assignments to accommodate all requirements. Coordinates all HVAC activities with other Lead technicians on projects or multi-disciplinary tasks and with departments or units in which work is scheduled or in progress.
- Communicates, verbally and in writing with subordinates, peers, contractors, staff and customers to expedite workflow, facilitate scheduling, resolve problems, and enhance productivity. Monitors job performance of subordinates, administers PMP and provides technical support and encouragement for trade development and advancements of skills. Records and maintains applicable documentation for DOH and JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Services and repairs pumps, motors, and valves.
Installs and repairs ductwork, conduit, and cabling.
Orders essential parts and supplies and maintains an adequate inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of Trade School and/or Apprenticeship.
- Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification Program.
- Universal refrigerant license and programming experience with DDC and energy management systems.
- Valid PA Driver’s License.
- Ten (10) years commercial/institutional HVAC maintenance/construction.
- Four (4) years technical training in HVACR.
- Fifteen (15) years hospital construction/maintenance.
- Four (4) year’s master or journeyman trade status.
- Two (2) years commercial scale HVACR.
- Two (2) years DDC and energy management.
- Format training from DDC school of Siemens, Johnson, Siebe, or other major DDC system.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/14/2021