HVAC Mechanic (Full Time/Day Shift)
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours p/week), Day Shift 7:30am-4pm; occasional off shift work and weekends as needed. On-Call rotation 1 week every 4 weeks.
Sign on Bonus of $1000 (external candidates only)
Responsible for managing the daily HVAC/R activities of staff and outside contractors. Performs all HVAC work necessary to maintain, operative and/or construct buildings, grounds, property, utilities, and equipment. Performs maintenance and repairs to refrigeration equipment including ice machines, freezers, refrigerators, and water coolers. Communicates with peers, staff, contractors, and customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
• Troubleshoots, operates, and provides P/M services for chillers, ice machines, freezer units, water coolers, and all other refrigeration and chilled water systems. Manage and coordinate the compliance of the Refrigerant Recover program for the Plant Engineering Department. Troubleshoots, operates, and repairs compressed air systems and refrigerated air dryers.
• Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on all equipment responsible for maintaining proper indoor air quality and space conditions. Calibrates, adjusts, exchanges, and rebuilds thermostats, pneumatic valves, and ATC devices. Services induction units and changes filters. Inspects and services reheat and dual temperature systems. Cleans strainers and coils. Investigates, recommends operational changes, adjusts fan discharge temperatures, and repairs humidification systems.
• Troubleshoots, operates, and maintains air handling and control systems to assure optimum conditions. Repairs/replaces electronic and pneumatic components, changes plenum and unit filters, and performs appropriate cleaning at scheduled intervals. Inspects, adjusts, replaces, and lubricates all mechanical and electrical equipment/components.
• Performs basic plumbing repairs and installations for water, steam, condensate, pneumatic, drainage, and refrigeration systems. Performs air balancing, static pressure, and flow measurement on air distribution systems.
Performs trend analysis of programmable temperature parameter.
• Provides on-call and technical assistance as necessary and scheduled. Maintains and prepares schedules and makes daily work assignments to accommodate all requirements. Coordinates all HVAC activities with other Lead technicians on projects or multi-disciplinary tasks and with departments or units in which work is scheduled or in progress.
• Communicates, verbally and in writing with subordinates, peers, contractors, staff and customers to expedite workflow, facilitate scheduling, resolve problems, and enhance productivity. Monitors job performance of subordinates, administers PMP and provides technical support and encouragement for trade development and advancements of skills. Records and maintains applicable documentation for DOH and JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
• Services and repairs pumps, motors, and valves.
• Installs and repairs ductwork, conduit, and cabling.
• Orders essential parts and supplies and maintains an adequate inventory.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification Program.
• Ability to learn and operate Siemens Desigo Building Automation System.
• Valid PA Driver’s License.
• Ten (5) years commercial/institutional HVAC maintenance/construction.
• Fifteen (10) years hospital construction/maintenance.
• Four (4) year’s master or journeyman trade status.
• Two (2) years commercial scale HVACR.
• Two (2) years DDC and energy management.
• Format training from DDC school of Siemens, Johnson, or other major DDC system.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/04/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.