Lancaster General Hospital
1520 Operation of Plant
Operation of Plant
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
This position will work 40 hours/week between the hours of 7:30 am - 4:00 pm; on call and possible after hours duties
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs maintenance and repairs to refrigeration equipment including ice machines, freezers, refrigerators, and water coolers. Performs all other HVAC work necessary to maintain, operate and/or construct buildings, grounds, property, utilities, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Troubleshoots, operates, and provides preventive maintenance services for chillers, ice machines, freezer units, water coolers, and all other refrigeration and chilled water systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on all equipment responsible for maintaining proper indoor air quality and space conditions. Calibrates, adjusts, exchanges, and rebuilds thermostats, pneumatic valves, and ATC devices. Services induction units and changes filters. Inspects and services reheat and dual temperature systems. Cleans strainers and coils. Investigates, recommends operational changes, adjusts fan discharge temperatures, and repairs humidification systems.
- Under direct supervision troubleshoots, operates, and maintains air handling and control systems to assure optimum conditions. Repairs/replaces electronic and pneumatic components, changes plenum and unit filters, and performs appropriate cleaning at scheduled intervals. Inspects, adjusts, replaces, and lubricates all mechanical and electrical equipment/components. Performs preventive maintenance that satisfies JCAHO, DOH and hospital policies and guidelines.
- Troubleshoots, operates, and repairs compressed air systems and refrigerated air dryers.
- Performs basic plumbing repairs and installations for water, steam, condensation, pneumatic, drainage, and refrigeration systems.
- Supports others with air balancing, static pressure, and flow measurement on air distribution systems.
- Performs routine “house call” type duties and repairs.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Services and repairs pumps, motors, and valves.
- Assists general metal working and pipe fitting task.
- Orders essential parts and supplies and maintains an adequate inventory.
- Performs snow removal duties.
- Assists with installation of new conduit, wiring, switches, outlets, etc. associated with remodeling renovation or construction related projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Universal Certification (Refrigeration)
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Five (5) years HVAC service, installation
- Two (2) years technical training in HVACR or Equivalent
Posted on 10/07/2019
- Graduate of Trade School and/or apprenticeship.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Five (5) years hospital construction/maintenance.
- Two (2) years master or journeyman trade status.
- Two (2) years commercial scale HVACR.
- Two (2) years DDC and energy management.