HVAC Controls Technician
Lancaster General Hospital
1520 Operation of Plant
Operation of Plant
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 40 hours/week 7am-4:00pm; no weekends/holidays
Will require an on-call rotation once every 4 weeks
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.POSITION SUMMARY: The Building Controls Technician is responsible for maintenance, repair and the safe, efficient operation of the building automation systems. This position will work closely with the Director of Facilities Management or designee to ensure both customer satisfaction and efficient use of hospital resources. This position will also act as point of contact for any change of operations or construction projects dealing with the building automation systems, and will serve as project manager on small controls related projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Utilizing all forms of DDC and related Building Automation Systems (BAS).
- Perform retro commissioning to existing BAS controlled equipment to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements and to identify system or equipment maintenance requirements.
- Review blueprints and specifications for compliance with LG Standards, and provides input to best practice.
- Provides assistance to Construction Projects in regards to overriding equipment during phasing of Construction Projects.
- Review sequence of operations and parameters for compliance to FGI Guidelines, ASHRAE and other pertinent regulatory compliance.
- The Controls technician will provide programming, adding and deleting addressable and non addressable points for the BAS system.
- The Controls Technician will evaluate systems for performance improvement, utilize and interpret technical service manuals, and blue prints. Apply knowledge in the application and practice of life safety, mechanical and building codes.
- Performs preventive maintenance work to PC, software maintenance, control maintenance and sensor maintenance.
- Ability to interact with individuals of all cultures and all levels of authority.
- Provide assistance to Mechanics and other related trades necessary to accommodate the mission of the Plant Engineering Department.
- Ability to perform Continuing Education requirements to maintain expertise in associated field.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited program in Electronics, or equivalent experience required.
- Valid PA Driver’s License.
- Five (5) years of experience with PLC’s and building management systems (Siemens, JCI, Tridium are preferred)
- Four (4) years experience as a controls technician or six (6) years controls related experience
- Five (5) years commercial/institutional HVAC maintenance/construction.
- Four (4) years technical training in HVACR.
Posted on 03/02/2020
- Fifteen (15) years hospital construction/maintenance.
- Four (4) year’s master or journeyman trade status.
- Four (4) years technical training in HVACR
- Two (2) years commercial scale HVACR.
- Two (2) years DDC and energy management.