HR Business Partner
Lancaster General Hospital
3045 Human Resources-Corporate
Strategic HR/Business Partners II
Full-Time (1.0 FTE); flexible around 8:30am-5:00pm with on-call responsibilities
Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Establish and maintain relationships with assigned client groups to influence, develop and integrate targeted human capital strategies based on needs of the business. Provides strategic consulting, direction and assistance in the execution of people or business strategies, organizational development, talent retention, employee relations, performance management and internal communications for assigned units.
- Strategic partner to leadership in assigned client groups, participates in business planning activities, identifies and recommends human resource responses aligned to business strategy.
- Collaborates with business leaders in identifying optimal workflow organizational/departmental design in assigned departments.
- Acts as internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to human resource issues in assigned client groups.
- Initiates organizational development activities such as diagnosis/intervention, process consulting, development & succession planning.
- Provides standard reports and analysis of metrics and statistical data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Works on special projects and acts as internal subject matter expert within Human Resources on assigned areas to assist in developing and implementing strategies system wide. Facilitator/Leader of annual HR initiatives; i.e. benefits enrollment, merit & performance process, employee opinion survey, talent reviews, employee recognition events, etc.
- Partners with managers and assigned client groups to resolve employee relations issues that may include conflict resolution, performance improvement issues and terminations. Acts as the HR lead and partner with appropriate stakeholders including legal, security and audit to support investigative initiatives relating to serious violations of LG Health guidelines, policies and procedures governing employee conduct (i.e. harassment, code of conduct, fraud) and recommend appropriate action.
- Provides coaching services to leadership. Supports business transformation through an emphasis on strategic and organizational consultation. Coaches leaders on leading and managing their departments with a focus on driving change and utilization of change management tools.
- Completes first year on-boarding interviews with new hires and gathers information to support retention initiatives.
- Assesses situations and environments affecting employee engagement and provides managers with advice and recommends courses of action based on operating guidelines, policies and applicable laws. Consults with managers on establishing and nurturing a positive employee environment, culture development and to provide necessary education and coaching.
- Reviews and analyzes facility employee metrics and operational statistics on productivity, turnover, recruiting, patient satisfaction, employee engagement to identify trends, activities, and potential issues within each department. Applies understanding of the business units to strengthen action plans and partner with managers to implement and deliver key goals and objectives that support employee engagement.
- Partners with assigned client group to serve their business needs and positively and reliably represents Compensation, Employment, Talent Management and Benefits to facility staff and managers.
- BSN or B.S. in Human Resources or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources, preferably in healthcare or a shared services business environment.
- Strong client service experience, ability to handle multiple clients.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills. Strong persuasion/negotiation skill.
- Demonstrated HR consulting competencies including strategic focus, analytical and problem solving skills, diagnostic ability and process consultation skills. Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred.
- Working knowledge of HR best practices preferred.
- Background in organizational development preferred.
- SHPR or PHR Certification preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Posted on 08/22/2019