HR Business Partner
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3045 HR Business Partner Svcs
Strategic HR/Business Partners II
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Establish and maintain relationships with assigned client groups to influence, develop and integrate targeted human capital strategies based on needs of the business. Provides strategic consulting, direction and assistance in the execution of people or business strategies, organizational development, talent retention, employee relations, performance management and internal communications for assigned units.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Strategic partner to leadership in assigned client groups, participates in business planning activities, identifies and recommends human resource responses aligned to business strategy.
- Collaborates with business leaders in identifying optimal workflow organizational/departmental design in assigned departments.
- Acts as internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to human resource issues in assigned client groups.
- Initiates organizational development activities such as diagnosis/intervention, process consulting, development & succession planning.
- Provides standard reports and analysis of metrics and statistical data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Works on special projects and acts as internal subject matter expert within Human Resources on assigned areas to assist in developing and implementing strategies system wide. Facilitator/Leader of annual HR initiatives; i.e. benefits enrollment, merit & performance process, employee opinion survey, talent reviews, employee recognition events, etc.
- Partners with managers and assigned client groups to resolve employee relations issues that may include conflict resolution, performance improvement issues and terminations. Acts as the HR lead and partner with appropriate stakeholders including legal, security and audit to support investigative initiatives relating to serious violations of LG Health guidelines, policies and procedures governing employee conduct (i.e. harassment, code of conduct, fraud) and recommend appropriate action.
- Provides coaching services to leadership. Supports business transformation through an emphasis on strategic and organizational consultation. Coaches leaders on leading and managing their departments with a focus on driving change and utilization of change management tools.
- Completes first year on-boarding interviews with new hires and gathers information to support retention initiatives.
- Assesses situations and environments affecting employee engagement and provides managers with advice and recommends courses of action based on operating guidelines, policies and applicable laws. Consults with managers on establishing and nurturing a positive employee environment, culture development and to provide necessary education and coaching.
- Reviews and analyzes facility employee metrics and operational statistics on productivity, turnover, recruiting, patient satisfaction, employee engagement to identify trends, activities, and potential issues within each department. Applies understanding of the business units to strengthen action plans and partner with managers to implement and deliver key goals and objectives that support employee engagement.
- Partners with assigned client group to serve their business needs and positively and reliably represents Compensation, Employment, Talent Management and Benefits to facility staff and managers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Recommend revisions and implement human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensure clients are in compliance with established HR practices and procedures.
- Answer non-routine questions for information on policy interpretation.
- Works on special projects or serves on cross functional teams within HR and in support of business.
- Track data gathered from on-boarding interviews in tracking tool.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- BSN or B.S. in Human Resources or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources, preferably in healthcare or a shared services business environment.
- Strong client service experience, ability to handle multiple clients.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills. Strong persuasion/negotiation skill.
- Demonstrated HR consulting competencies including strategic focus, analytical and problem solving skills, diagnostic ability and process consultation skills. Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Working knowledge of HR best practices.
- Background in organizational development.
- SHPR or PHR Certification.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/24/2021