Guest Services Representative - Women & Babies Hospital (Part-time, .5 FTE)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7601 WBH-Information Desk
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
This position is located at Women & Babies Hospital and is part-time about 20 hrs/week. Hours varied between 6am-9pm, weekend and holiday rotation.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide premier customer service greeting guests, giving appropriate information, direction or assistance according to hospital policies and procedures. These areas pledge to support and advance the Mission and the Vision of the department to deliver superior service through excellence in personal performance and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Proactively approach all guests to provide an exemplary first impression of the hospital and create a warm and welcoming environment. Greet guests with a smile and eye contact.
- Present self in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Ascertain guest’s needs. Take appropriate action or provide appropriate information, direction, transporting and escorting as requested and according to established policies and procedures.
- Listen carefully and be sensitive to the needs and wishes of all guests. Treat all guests with dignity and respect.
- Communicate at all times in a way that supports patient confidentiality.
- Answer all telephone calls within 3 rings using established greeting. Extend calls to proper guest or provide information to guest or caller as requested.
- Provide accurate information/data to all physicians, clergy, volunteers and hospital staff as requested or required.
- Handle all emergency situations in a calm and timely manner.
- Continuously observe/maintain the assigned area for potential safety or security issues, overall neatness and cleanliness. Notify appropriate personnel to insure that corrective action is taken, as necessary.
- Assist with training of new employees/volunteers for departmental job duties.
- Act as a liaison between patient families, clinical areas and physicians to provide efficient and accurate information flow.
- Provide support and assistance to various departments on an as needed basis.
- Attend educational/in-service classes and departmental staff meetings.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Order and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies for the department.
- Assist in the proper care and maintenance of department office equipment, tools and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of customer service related work.
- Computer experience.
- Familiarity with Lancaster County
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/16/2021