Guest Services Representative (Part-Time 20hrs/week)
Lancaster General Hospital
7298 Guest Relations-Ambulatory
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide premier customer service greeting guests, giving appropriate information, direction or assistance according to hospital policies and procedures. These areas pledge to support and advance the Mission and the Vision of the department to deliver superior service through excellence in personal performance and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Proactively approach all guests to provide an exemplary first impression of the hospital and create a warm and welcoming environment. Greet guests with a smile and eye contact.
- Present self in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Ascertain guest’s needs. Take appropriate action or provide appropriate information, direction, transporting and escorting as requested and according to established policies and procedures.
- Listen carefully and be sensitive to the needs and wishes of all guests. Treat all guests with dignity and respect.
- Communicate at all times in a way that supports patient confidentiality.
- Answer all telephone calls within 3 rings using established greeting. Extend calls to proper guest or provide information to guest or caller as requested.
- Provide accurate information/data to all physicians, clergy, volunteers and hospital staff as requested or required.
- Handle all emergency situations in a calm and timely manner.
- Continuously observe/maintain the assigned area for potential safety or security issues, overall neatness and cleanliness. Notify appropriate personnel to insure that corrective action is taken, as necessary.
- Assist with training of new employees/volunteers for departmental job duties.
- Act as a liaison between patient families, clinical areas and physicians to provide efficient and accurate information flow.
- Provide support and assistance to various departments on an as needed basis.
- Attend educational/in-service classes and departmental staff meetings.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Order and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies for the department.
- Assist in the proper care and maintenance of department office equipment, tools and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of customer service related work.
- Computer experience.
- Familiarity with Lancaster County
The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory:
Job demands are only moderately routine and predictable. Minor changes may occur which require the individual to be able to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking:
The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, SMS system
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Continuously
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Frequently
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 01/09/2020