Guest Services Representative (12 hours/week)
.3 FTE (24 hours Bi-weekly)
Varied hours on Weekend= 530a-130p or 1230p-900p
3 weekend shifts Bi-Weekly
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide premier customer service greeting guests, giving appropriate information, direction or assistance according to hospital policies and procedures. These areas pledge to support and advance the Mission and the Vision of the department to deliver superior service through excellence in personal performance and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
HOURS: 24 hours per pay period (12 hours per week).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Proactively approach all guests to provide an exemplary first impression of the hospital and create a warm and welcoming environment. Greet guests with a smile and eye contact.
- Present self in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Ascertain guest’s needs. Take appropriate action or provide appropriate information, direction, transporting and escorting as requested and according to established policies and procedures.
- Listen carefully and be sensitive to the needs and wishes of all guests. Treat all guests with dignity and respect.
- Communicate at all times in a way that supports patient confidentiality.
- Answer all telephone calls within 3 rings using established greeting. Extend calls to proper guest or provide information to guest or caller as requested.
- Provide accurate information/data to all physicians, clergy, volunteers and hospital staff as requested or required.
- Handle all emergency situations in a calm and timely manner.
- Continuously observe/maintain the assigned area for potential safety or security issues, overall neatness and cleanliness. Notify appropriate personnel to insure that corrective action is taken, as necessary.
- Assist with training of new employees/volunteers for departmental job duties.
- Act as a liaison between patient families, clinical areas and physicians to provide efficient and accurate information flow.
- Provide support and assistance to various departments on an as needed basis.
- Attend educational/in-service classes and departmental staff meetings.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Order and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies for the department.
- Assist in the proper care and maintenance of department office equipment, tools and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of customer service related work.
- Computer experience.
- Familiarity with Lancaster County
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/20/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.