Lancaster General Hospital
3044 Grants & Government Relations
Grants and Government Relations
HOURS: Full-Time; Day Shift.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for overall preparation of proposals and grant applications to assist in advancing Lancaster General Health’s strategic plan, priorities and other opportunities as identified. Additional duties include researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities; writing grant proposals and working with grant writing teams; and managing communications and reporting activities with the Legal, Accounting, and Government Affairs Oversight Committee. This position reports to the Director of Government Relations, and collaborates with leaders and grant writing teams across the LG system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Works with and advises investigators during concept exploration for an investigator-initiated study; assists investigator with background literature searches and with developing the study rationale, design, and specific aims.
- Assembles study team; liaises with institutional departments that will be contributing time, resources, or clinical services; manages study start-up communications, meetings, etc.
- Develops and manages a project timeline; coordinates and monitors adherence to project deadlines.
- Assists with grant writing and budgeting.
- Formulates data monitoring plan if needed and coordinates data monitoring activities.
- Develops and manages monitoring of project compliance.
- Develops and maintains a grant surveillance system to research, evaluate, and identify new public, private, and collaborative grant funding opportunities for Lancaster General Health’s departments/operating unites to advance the Lancaster General Health strategic plan objectives and other related priorities.
- Manages a follow-up and reporting system to sustain, evaluate and expand existing public and private funding grant awards.
- Writes and/or leads development of grant applications with Operations/Grant Writing and Research Institute teams that ensure compliance with applicable contractual and regulatory requirements; and that produce timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented proposal submissions.
- Develop and cultivate activities and professional relationships with public and private funders. Serve as internal and external liaison with external public and private funders and LG teams.
- Manage a complex grants portfolio, working with Grant Writing teams to advise on budget development as it relates to programmatic initiatives, review program design, incorporate edits/changes as needed, to submit the final product to the funding entity.
- Develop and manage an accountability and reporting system to produce periodic and final reports as required by funding sources, for internal review by the Grant Oversight Committee, and to meet auditing, contract management, and IRS reporting requirements.
- Identify and support the development of Principle Investigators within the LG Health system.
- Responsible for meeting performance objectives and priorities identified annually by the Grant Oversight Committee.
- Supervises the Grants Coordinator and related submission and reporting procedures; includes the performance of responsibilities and objectives assigned to the position.
- Maintains a high level of operational expertise in current grants management regulations, policies, and procedures related to federal, state, local, and private grants.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Eight (8) years of related experience in public and private grant-writing and contract administration.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities.
- Exceptional research, writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as federal and state grant announcements and clinical articles; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to develop, track and write monitoring and evaluation reports.
- High degree of creativity, innovation, diplomacy, decision making, and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Well-developed communications and presentation skills including the ability to articulate the mission and objectives of Lancaster General Health.
- Strong analytical, research, conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- A results-oriented, self-starter with a strong work ethic; but also a team player, able to relate and work well with others.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic workplans and organizes and manages tasks to meet timelines.
- Master's Degree.
- Five (5) years of management experience.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 07/18/2019