Grant Funded Research Assistant (Research Operations-LGH)
Lancaster General Hospital
3510 Research Institute Operations
Research Institute Operations
Grant Funded: Temporary 2 Year Full Time Position.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA at LGH
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of Principal Investigator supports planning and conduct of a research project. Establishes and maintains communication while serving as liaison for project. Adheres to regulatory requirements and follows study protocol. Collects and records data and prepares reports and summaries as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists with literature searches and summarization of information for grant proposals, IRB protocols, and/or business plans for specific research projects.
- Assists in the screening for potential research subjects based upon inclusion/exclusion criteria using electronic and manual mechanisms per IRB approved screening processes.
- Supports the informed consent process. Discusses the protocol, including risks, benefits, follow-up requirements, and alternatives with potential participants to obtain informed consent for study enrollment.
- Supports process of enrolling participants in study and records in EHR as appropriate. Manages and maintains enrollment records.
- Collects and manages data under the supervision of the research projects’ primary investigator. This may include data from the electronic medical record system, or from face to face or telephone contact with subjects.
- Maintains research datasets using Excel spreadsheets or systems such as RedCap.
- Prepares reports incorporating complex tables, graphs, and research results.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Attends and participates in meetings associated with studies/projects.
- Assists with writing and review of manuscripts for publication.
- Prepares and delivers presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 60 credit hours of college education in a science related field.
- Knowledge of Regulatory Guidelines, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), and the principles of research ethics.
- Experience using computer for information searches, word-processing, and data management (Excel).
Posted on 07/10/2020
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field.