Lancaster General Hospital
7290 SOP-Senior Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians (LGHP) Geriatrics seeks a BE/BC Geriatrician to join a large and well-established geriatrics practice in beautiful Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The current opportunity is focused in the long-term care environment. This collaborative Geriatrics group, with a mission of educating patients and meeting the needs of vulnerable older adults within the community, is comprised of 3 office locations, 16 BC Geriatricians and 16 Geriatric Nurse Practitioners. Long-term care and comprehensive medical direction is provided at 8 facilities throughout the region. Additional responsibilities can be tailored to the right candidate’s professional interests. Examples include: teaching and precepting residents/geriatric fellows as well as medical direction and senior health geriatric consultation within a hospital environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccinations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary.
- SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
- Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 01/15/2020
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Board of Family Medicine.
- Successful completion of Geriatrics Fellowship.
- Board-Certified or Board-Eligible in Geriatrics.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Prior experience in clinical medicine.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.