The Heart Group of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is currently seeking a General Cardiologist to provide high level and patient-centered Cardiology care in both an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Consults with inpatients and outpatients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of heart or vascular disease and help diagnose condition.
- Performs procedures as necessary to aid in the treatment or prevention of heart disease.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary.
- Takes call as assigned.
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or Board eligible.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of cardiology fellowship.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- At least three (3) years clinical patient care experience as a specialist (fellowship included).
THE HEART GROUP OF PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH:
The Heart Group is a well-established, hospital-owned practice that has been serving the Lancaster community for over 35 years. We are comprised of 25+ cardiologists with subspecialties that include interventional cardiology, non-invasive/general cardiology, electrophysiology and Board Certified congestive heart failure services. Echocardiography services, which are offered at the main hospital and five satellite facilities, perform 20,000 echocardiograms a year. We have LVAD implantation and ECMO services, which our imaging physicians support. This position's call responsibility is approximately one in six weekends. We are part of the Penn Medicine system, which means research and cooperative clinical studies are available. We offer competitive salaries with generous vacation and CME time. We are committed to a high level of patient care with a balance of life and work.
Posted on 07/30/2019
- Lancaster County is a growing and dynamic community with more than a half million residents. We have critically acclaimed restaurants, are home to private/state colleges and are within driving distance of several large metropolitan areas (Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, DC).