Front Office Supervisor Family & Maternity Medicine (Full Time/Day Shift)
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
SHIFT: Full Time, Day Shift. 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM; some evenings as needed. No weekends.
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, and supervises all front office staff processes on a daily basis to ensure effectiveness of front office and practice operations. Performs all front office duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervises the daily functions of all front office staff, providing guidance and assistance as necessary.
- Completes and maintains schedule for front office staff ensuring adequate coverage is available at all times while effectively managing overtime. Ensures timely and accurate approval of all front office staff time records.
Performs all front office duties including but are not limited to:
- Accurately schedules patients taking into consideration type of appointment, patient flow and provider availability.
- Upon check in, greets patients, verifies demographic and insurance information and makes all necessary changes in the patient chart. Collects co-pays and past due balances. Directs patients appropriately and keeps patients informed of wait times and other pertinent information.
- Upon check out, collects patient balances due at time of service. Accurately posts charges and provides patient with receipts, if applicable. Schedules any necessary follow-up appointments.
- Answers telephones in a timely and friendly manner. Screens and accurately relays messages to the appropriate party.
- Provides orientation, education, and training for new employees. Provides and implements on-going continuing education and training for existing staff as needed. Plays an active role in the growth and development of staff.
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager and Managing Physician, interviews and selects candidates for vacant positions.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of customer and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with all customers including physicians, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service as top priority.
- Oversees all care coordination activities performed by the front office in the team based care model. Actively participates in various performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Effectively manages patient complaints in collaboration with the Practice Manager.
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager, completes annual performance evaluations for assigned staff. Coordinates coaching and/or disciplinary action in accordance with LG Health and practice policies.
- Conducts routine front office staff meetings. Communicates with staff on a regular basis to keep them informed of any new information, processes or procedures. Meets one on one with staff at a minimum of once a quarter.
- Responsible for ensuring all front office staff are accurately and consistently collecting patient balances. Regularly monitors self pay balances collected by front office staff.
- Utilizes various payor websites and other resources to verify appropriate insurance guidelines are met for services rendered.
- Monitors and maintains practice work queues to ensure compliance with all LGMG expectations and guidelines.
- Monitors and balances daily recap and prepares deposits.
- In collaboration with Practice Manager, monitors provider schedule to ensure access to care.
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of meetings including but not limited to practice staff meetings and Front Office Supervisor meetings.
- Provides timely responses to all inquiries and communications including but not limited to insurance inquiries, Communication Exchange Forms (CEFs) and billing inquires.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager, prepares and submits month end reports and A/P invoices.
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager, builds, implements and modifies provider templates.
- Leads, promotes and actively participates in new practice initiatives and projects as outlined by practice leadership.
- Assists practice leadership in managing expenses within budgetary constraints. Orders office supplies within budgeted allowances and inventory control.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years of front office experience in a medical office setting.
- Completion of a medical administration or business course
- Prior supervisory experience in a medical setting.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/11/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.