Front Office Supervisor (Full-Time 40hrs/week)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61400 The Surgical Group of LGHealth
The Surgical Group of LGHealth- Administration
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, and supervises all front office staff processes on a daily basis to ensure effectiveness of front office and practice operations. Performs all front office duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervises the daily functions of all front office staff, providing guidance and assistance as necessary.
- Completes and maintains schedule for front office staff ensuring adequate coverage is available at all times while effectively managing overtime. Ensures timely and accurate approval of all front office staff time records.
Performs all front office duties including but are not limited to:
- Accurately schedules patients taking into consideration type of appointment, patient flow and provider availability.
- Upon check in, greets patients, verifies demographic and insurance information and makes all necessary changes in the patient chart. Collects co-pays and past due balances. Directs patients appropriately and keeps patients informed of wait times and other pertinent information.
- Upon check out, collects patient balances due at time of service. Accurately posts charges and provides patient with receipts, if applicable. Schedules any necessary follow-up appointments.
- Answers telephones in a timely and friendly manner. Screens and accurately relays messages to the appropriate party.
- Provides orientation, education, and training for new employees. Provides and implements on-going continuing education and training for existing staff as needed. Plays an active role in the growth and development of staff.
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager and Managing Physician, interviews and selects candidates for vacant positions.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of customer and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with all customers including physicians, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service as top priority.
- Oversees all care coordination activities performed by the front office in the team based care model. Actively participates in various performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Effectively manages patient complaints in collaboration with the Practice Manager.
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager, completes annual performance evaluations for assigned staff. Coordinates coaching and/or disciplinary action in accordance with LG Health and practice policies.
- Conducts routine front office staff meetings. Communicates with staff on a regular basis to keep them informed of any new information, processes or procedures. Meets one on one with staff at a minimum of once a quarter.
- Responsible for ensuring all front office staff are accurately and consistently collecting patient balances. Regularly monitors self pay balances collected by front office staff.
- Utilizes various payor websites and other resources to verify appropriate insurance guidelines are met for services rendered.
- Monitors and maintains practice work queues to ensure compliance with all LGMG expectations and guidelines.
- Monitors and balances daily recap and prepares deposits.
- In collaboration with Practice Manager, monitors provider schedule to ensure access to care.
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of meetings including but not limited to practice staff meetings and Front Office Supervisor meetings.
- Provides timely responses to all inquiries and communications including but not limited to insurance inquiries, Communication Exchange Forms (CEFs) and billing inquires.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager, prepares and submits month end reports and A/P invoices.
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager, builds, implements and modifies provider templates.
- Leads, promotes and actively participates in new practice initiatives and projects as outlined by practice leadership.
- Assists practice leadership in managing expenses within budgetary constraints. Orders office supplies within budgeted allowances and inventory control.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years of front office experience in a medical office setting.
- Completion of a medical administration or business course
- Prior supervisory experience in a medical setting.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions in mandatory.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, EPIC
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 06/12/2020