Forensic Interviewer (Part Time/Day Shift)
0.6 FTE. Center hours: 8-4:30pm Monday - Friday, no holidays/weekends. On-Call rotation after training period is completed.
POSITION SUMMARY: The forensic interviewer is responsible for conducting forensic interviews of children and developmentally disabled adults suspected of having been sexually and or physically abused, neglected, and/or witness to violence. The forensic interviewer is part of a collaborative team that works together to ensure that the child victim is interviewed in a child-friendly environment that puts the child’s comfort and needs first, with the goal being to reduce the number of interviews and lessen the trauma for the child. Promotes & advocates for programs offered through the Lancaster County Children’s Alliance. Collects and maintains agency data and case tracking system.
LOCATION: Lancaster County Children's Alliance
HOURS: Part Time 25 hours/week, Monday-Friday hours between 8:00am-4:30pm, no weekends or holidays. On-Call rotation after training period is completed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conducts sensitive and thorough video-recorded forensic interviews according to the standards of the National Children’s Advocacy Centers (NCAC), National Children’s Alliance (NCA) and other national training organizations with children who are possible victims of abuse, neglect, and/or witness to violence. Attends basic and advanced forensic interview training; and attendance/participation at trainings deemed relevant by direct supervisor and/or Board members.
- Prepares for, attends, and presents testimony in court hearings including both civil and criminal court, providing written documentation and expert testimony on aspects of the interview process as well as testimony as a fact witness on specific interviews in individual cases. Keeps current with research related to issue of abuse to support the legal defensibility of forensic interviews and abuse disclosures.
- Conducts High Risk Behavior Assessments for children and adolescents when there are risks of child sex trafficking. This includes completing an additional 40 hours of training related to human trafficking and remaining current in research and issues related to human and child sex trafficking.
- Participates in the Pennsylvania State Chapter of Forensic Interviewers for trainings, peer review, and support.
- Acts as a community liaison with all involved agencies and promotes the Lancaster County Children’s Alliance model of child abuse intervention.
- Maintains skills in age-specific competencies, related to children, in areas of child abuse, family violence, child development, memory and suggestibility of children.
- Maintains records of interviews and keeps statistics for case tracking purposes.
- Facilitates team decision-making to ensure child safety, family case planning and legal integrity of the case. Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration with partner agencies, and clients to ensure quality of service delivery.
- Facilitates a psycho-educational group for Non-Offending Caregivers, providing written documentation, assessments and recommendations.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides coverage for non-traditional hours as necessary.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Three (3) years experience working with children and families.
- Expertise in child abuse and family violence.
- Experience working with teams.
- Knowledge or experience in family systems.
- Well prepared and comfortable working with victims of trauma.
- Ability and proficiency in conducting forensic interviews.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Skill in networking between agencies and professionals as well as the ability to work and think independently when conducting forensic interviews.
- Good organizational and writing skills – working knowledge of computers, data bases and ability to enter and track statistics.
- Ability to provide training on concept of Child Advocacy Centers
- One (1) to two (2) years experience as a forensic interviewer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/24/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.