Food Service Worker-3
Lancaster General Hospital
1020 Food Service - General
Food Service - General
POSITION SUMMARY: Cleans and sanitizes food production and service equipment and facilities. Maintains adequate supply of production and service ware ready for use and transports them to designated location. Transports trash to proper disposal or holding area. Performs miscellaneous duties on patient tray assembly line.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares sanitation equipment and arranges work areas for maximum productivity.
- Operates sanitation equipment or manually cleans in accordance with established procedures so items are cleaned, sanitized, and dried.
- Maintains productivity so adequate supplies of production and service are available at all times.
- Transports cleaned items to production and service areas.
- Disassembles and cleans sanitation equipment.
- Cleans food production equipment according to established procedures.
- Thoroughly adheres to recycling policies and procedures including washing of bimetallic cans prior to crushing them, separating clean cardboard, glass containers, and high-grade paper. Transports items to proper recycling storage area.
- Transports trash to disposal or holding area as necessary to maintain area in a clean and sanitary condition. Maintains compactor containers and trash cart in a clean and sanitary condition at all times.
- Maintains food production and sanitation work areas in a clean and sanitary condition at all times.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Successful completion of the Diet Training Course.
- Assures that meal selections meet guidelines for modified diets per diet manual.
- Assists in assembly of meals and serves the meal to the patient.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent preferred.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- Task completion requires minimal concentration or selective attention. The individual may perform their job-related tasks in a rote or automatic manner without much need to selectively attend or evaluate situational variables or their performance.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- Task demands are routine and predictable. Tasks to be completed are few in numbers. There is little requirement for new learning, processing or carry-over of new information. Once the tasks are learned, there is little change in routine.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The requirement for autonomous problem solving or creativity of thought in the position is absent or minimal. The individual must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Most aspects of the position, and the actions taken to resolve them, are repetitive in nature, and should ultimately become rote or automatic. There is little variability in task demands, or task demands are accomplished under continuous direction from another.
TEMPERAMENTS: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: dish machine, pot machine, can crusher, trash compactor, cardboard bailer, elevator, power hose, hose, trash truck 4-wheeled cart pot washer sink, scraper, mop, small cleaning tools.
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Continuously
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Extreme Noise Levels
- High Pressure Steam/Gas
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 07/07/2020