Food Service Worker
work every other weekend and every other holiday.
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: 32 hours p/ week, every other weekend/holiday, Monday-Friday (1st/2nd shifts)
Sign on Bonus of up to $800!!! (External candidates only!!!)
POSITION SUMMARY: Cleans and sanitizes food production and service equipment and facilities. Maintains adequate supply of production and service ware ready for use and transports them to designated location. Transports trash to proper disposal or holding area. Performs miscellaneous duties on patient tray assembly line.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares sanitation equipment and arranges work areas for maximum productivity.
- Operates sanitation equipment or manually cleans in accordance with established procedures so items are cleaned, sanitized, and dried.
- Maintains productivity so adequate supplies of production and service are available at all times.
- Transports cleaned items to production and service areas.
- Disassembles and cleans sanitation equipment.
- Cleans food production equipment according to established procedures.
- Thoroughly adheres to recycling policies and procedures including washing of bimetallic cans prior to crushing them, separating clean cardboard, glass containers, and high-grade paper. Transports items to proper recycling storage area.
- Transports trash to disposal or holding area as necessary to maintain area in a clean and sanitary condition. Maintains compactor containers and trash cart in a clean and sanitary condition at all times.
- Maintains food production and sanitation work areas in a clean and sanitary condition at all times.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Successful completion of the Diet Training Course.
- Assures that meal selections meet guidelines for modified diets per diet manual.
- Assists in assembly of meals and serves the meal to the patient.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent preferred.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: dish machine, pot machine, can crusher, trash compactor, cardboard bailer, elevator, power hose, hose, trash truck 4-wheeled cart pot washer sink, scraper, mop, small cleaning tools.
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/07/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.