Flow Cytometry Services Coordinator
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
5012 LAB-Core Laboratory
Laboratory - Core Lab
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Job Title: Flow Cytometry Services Coordinator
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working dayshift with possible weekends per business need no holidays.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Under the general supervision of the Medical Director Laboratories and Director Laboratory, assumes lead responsibility for the functioning of a specialized area (flow cytometry) of the laboratory. Serves as a technical resource and provides team leadership to the staff working in the assigned area. May direct and assume responsibilities for the activities of technical staff within the functional area. Provides laboratory services performed in accordance with accepted standards and practices services to meet the needs of patients. Flow Cytometry Services Coordinator will distribute time effectively between technical and resource responsibilities. Flow Cytometry Services Coordinator will perform routine and special diagnostic test procedures, as well as supporting Quality Control and documentation, function verification, instrument maintenance, associated specimen collection, and clerical work as required.
- Coordinates and directs technical functions and activities in the flow cytometry service section. Prepares and implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for flow cytometry section. Actively monitors and revises SOPs as necessary. Maintains and reviews preventive maintenance records for equipment.
- Serves as a lead role in performing training and competency assessment of staff. Develops plans for training/retraining as necessary. Responsible for the daily review of reports to ensure quality of work performed. Monitors and reviews quality control documentation following established schedules. Ensures quality control is performed on schedule. Makes recommendations as needed and implements/updates changes.
- In conjunction with the manager, assists with administrative duties as necessary such as budget preparation and monitoring, cost accounting, and contracts. Additionally, in conjunction with the manager, assists in developing department goals and objectives.
- Participates in department specific and/or system-wide projects of varying scope and duration. May participate in research activities and investigates new products, equipment, techniques, methodologies, and introduces, demonstrates, effects, and recommends as is appropriate.
- Proficiently performs tests within the flow cytometry services, reviews data, and serves as key consultant to medical staff. In order to perform these duties, must maintain a high level of technical skills and theory. Consults with medical staff and other health care providers on matters relating to laboratory and/or related services.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Program on a regular and continuing basis. Actively pursues improving the quality of the work performed in the section through the Quality Improvement process. Tracks results of proficiency surveys and monitors outcomes for Quality Improvement. Maintains documentation for compliance with certifying agencies.
- Performs the duties of a medical technologist, including tests and procedures.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patient, visitor and staff by: complying with all applicable safety regulations; learning the impact of medical errors and methodology that will lead to reduction of errors; reporting actual and potential errors, as well as hazardous conditions; identifying opportunities to standardize processes and "error proof" systems that will lead to increased safety; and participating in safety education programs and root cause analyses as required. Understands and follows establish safety polices. Maintains a high level of safety awareness for testing area. Identifies and reports safety issues appropriately. Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies. Requisitions laboratory supplies and maintains supply inventories.
- Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as requested.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science.
- Three (3) years experience in medical technology or related science.
- Experienced certified generalist (Medical Technologist through the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), Certified Laboratory Scientist through the National Certification Agency (NCA)).
- Experienced/qualified in Cytometry- a Specialist in Cytometry (SCYM) through the ASCP, or obtained within twelve (12) months of placement.
- In lieu of the above, three (3) to five (5) years of flow experience with specialty within one (1) year of placement may be considered.
- Thorough understanding of test theory, instrumentation, sources of test error and other factors.
- Proficient with data analysis, spreadsheets, database processes, and statistical analysis and computer software to perform these duties.
- Experience in Flow Cytometry.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience as a Medical Technologist.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
This position requries a license or certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MDI
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/07/2021