At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
M-F 8:00 - 4:30
Primary location in Lititz, occasional coverage in Lancaster
HOURS: Full time (1.0 FTE); 40hrs/wk - Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm no nights or weekends.
**Primary location will be at the Mill Building in Lititz but the department training will be at 410 N Lime Street Lancaster. There will be occasional coverage needed at Lancaster General Hospital.
POSITION SUMMARY: To work with all self-pay patients in order to determine if some form of financial assistance is needed for medically necessary services. Identify and understand customer needs in order to facilitate the time resolution of self-pay account balances. When applicable, obtain confidential patient financial information in order to complete Medical Assistance and/or LG Financial Assistance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Informs patients in need of financial assistance of all applicable financial assistance programs available. Provides instructions and guidance to patients to complete any applicable financial assistance forms.
- Discusses outstanding balances with patients providing pertinent information relating to the details of the balance, services rendered and current financial status for the purpose of resolving any outstanding patient balances.
- Work with patients in order to obtain the required information/documentation to apply for PA Medical Assistance.
- Process LGH Financial Assistance applications.
- Negotiate acceptable payment terms with patients in accordance with departmental policies.
- Refer patients to outside agencies in order to facilitate the timely completion of financial assistance applications, in accordance with departmental policies.
- Effectively work with customers to achieve resolution of issues.
- Maintain workqueues and benchmarks.
- Resolve conflict to achieve the best solution with internal and external customers and team.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and maintains compliancy in all collection efforts.
- Educates patients and families on insurance benefits, limitations, co pays and patient obligations.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Educate internal customers in regards to Medical Assistance, Financial Assistance and other self-pay programs available in the community.
- Train new staff as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years customer service/public contact experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office.
- Organization skills.
- Ability to apply strong analytical qualities.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Billing and account resolution experience.
- Two (2) years medical experience.
- Automated systems experience.
This position is located in Lititz, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/06/2021