LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm; No on-call shifts, or holidays expected to worked. Occasional weekend hours during the busiest budget time (January through March).
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares the annual financial budget and quarterly forecasts for Lancaster General Hospital. Assists in preparation of the consolidated Lancaster General Health budget and quarterly forecasts. Assists in the preparation of the long-term financial forecasts for the Hospital and consolidated system. Provides departmental financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares the Hospital’s financial budget as it relates to operating expense and revenue budgets, including case projections, salary, supply, and other variable and fixed expenses. Works with departments Hospital-wide to obtain budget data. Communicates to Management regarding issues that may impact the budget.
- Assist with the preparation of non-Hospital entities’ budgets within the Decision Support System.
- Performs monthly closing processes and reconciliations of all entities within Decision Support System. Generates monthly reporting packages distributed to managers, directors, and executives. Analyze and monitor variance explanations.
- Develops and provides variance reporting to meet the needs of managers, directors, and executives.
- Provides support and education to departments in understanding budget vs. actual variances.
- Prepares the Hospital’s quarterly financial forecasts.
- Assist with the preparation of non-Hospital entities’ quarterly forecasts within the Forecasting Software.
- Performs quarterly import process and reconciliation of all entities within the Forecasting Software.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides financial reporting from decision support system, prepares special studies as requested by the manager of department or his/her supervisor.
- Provides ongoing support to users and education on financial aspects of the decision support system.
- Assists with testing of the Decision Support System and Forecasting Software during system upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting.
- One (1) year of general accounting, budgeting or financial analysis experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, ability to question freely, and work with all levels of management and clinicians.
- Two (2) years budgeting experience and variance analysis.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/26/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.