Family Practice Physician - Manor Ridge
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide high level and patient-centered care in the discipline of Family Medicine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccinations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
- Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or Board eligible.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of Family Medicine Residency.
- Prior experience in clinical medicine as a Family Physician.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
At least three (3) years clinical patient care experience as a specialist in Family Medicine.
Visit our website, www.LancasterDoctors.org, for further detailed information. For more information, please contact Steven Capo, Physician Recruiter, by calling 717-544-7148 or email Steven.Capo@pennmedicine.upenn.edu.
Contact: Steven Capo
Address: 1030 New Holland Ave – Bldg 12, Lancaster, PA 17601
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/21/2021