Family Practice Physician
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide high level and patient-centered care in the discipline of Family Medicine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccinations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
- Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or Board eligible.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of Family Medicine Residency.
- Completed area of concentration (AOC) during 3-year residency or one-year clinical fellowship and associated certification obtained in area of specialty within 6 months of date of hire, as applicable for practice.
- Prior experience in clinical medicine as a Family Physician.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
At least three (3) years clinical patient care experience as a specialist in Family Medicine.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires strong concentration skills. The individual must have the ability to voluntarily sustain concentration to a task over an extended period of time as a result of an effortful and usually deliberate heightened and focused state of attention.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, Basic medical tools
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Basic computer skills and competency on the hospital information management system.
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Occasionally
- Pull: Occasionally
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 07/19/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.