Lancaster General Hospital
7518 Community Health Services
Community Health Services
Job title: Family Advocate:
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
This if a Temporary grant funded position with benefits, Full-time , 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working Monday-Friday , 8:00am -4:30 pm with no weekends or holidays, some evenings needed per practise need. Grant Funded position with benefits until 9/30/2022
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: NOTE: THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION
The Family Advocate will provide trauma-informed case management support to child victims of the opioid crisis and their caregivers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Communicate with professionals, such as to ensure awareness of child’s traumatic exposure
- Connect child to appropriate supportive services, in coordination with school counselors and other professionals
- Connect caregiver with substance use disorder treatment and recovery supports
- Ensure coordination of caregiver’s services
- Record and track needs and progress of child victims and their caregivers
- Develops and maintains relationships with a wide variety of community agencies and facilitates communication between these agencies and children and their caregivers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participate in educational activities, as required
- Follows all agency policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Two years of social worker experience in the Community Health Field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven informal leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently, setting priorities to coordinate care plans efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective behavioral and educational strategies, including, but not limited to : Motivational interviewing, teach-back method, and self-management support.
- Masters Level Social Work credential
- Family Advocate experience
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances
Posted on 02/26/2020