Faculty Instructor - Cardiovascular Technology (CVT)
PA College Of Health Sciences
9828 Health Sciences-Cert/Assoc
AS/AC Health Sciences
POSITION SUMMARY: Faculty provide classroom and/or clinical/laboratory instruction for students including the coordination, preparation and presentation of course materials and the evaluation of student progress. Integral aspects of the position include implementation of the College’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through classroom, clinical teaching, and service to the college, health system and community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Faculty must be responsible for organization, administration, continuous review, planning development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Cardiovascular Technology program.
- Facilitates didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical instruction, using strategies that stimulate interest and maximize student learning.
- Incorporates current theories, research, and practice into the design of instruction, including plans for development and revision.
- Supervises and assesses student learning to achieve outcomes at the course and/or program level.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of courses, programs, and College strategies.
- Demonstrates service to the college, profession, and/or community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to scholarship through professional development that enhances teaching and learning.
- Models professional values in support of the mission, vision, educational outcomes, and strategic direction of the College.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Complete a minimum of 15 contact hours per year of continuing education which increases knowledge base in content area and/or activities related to the faculty role.
- Participate in professional organizations.
- Participate in volunteer community activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday - Friday from 7AM - 5PM (hours may vary per semester); an occasional Saturday and/or evening, as needed, for recruitment events.
Posted on 03/25/2020
- RCIS and/or RCES Certification required;
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience;
- Previous teaching experience preferred;
- Valid US Driver's License;
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.