Faculty - Healthcare Administration
PA College Of Health Sciences
9829 Health Sciences-Bach/Grad
BS & Grad HS/HCA
This position is for healthcare administration professionals interested in full-time teaching. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE 5-7 years of Director-level or Executive Healthcare Administration experience to be considered for this position. This position is a regular full-time faculty appointment (of varying rank commensurate with qualifications) with 27 workload units expected over a 10.5 month annual contract. Approximate workload distribution is 4:4:1. Faculty provide online instruction and internship oversight for students including the coordination, preparation and presentation of course materials and the evaluation of student progress in both Baccalaureate and Graduate healthcare administration and health science programs and interprofessional courses, as needed. Integral aspects of the position include implementation of the College’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through teaching, and service to the College, health system and community.
All faculty report to the BSHA Program Director and accountable to the MHA Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment.
- Facilitates didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical instruction, using strategies that stimulate interest and maximize student learning.
- Incorporates current theories, research, and practice into the design of instruction, including plans for development and revision.
- Supervises and assesses student learning to achieve outcomes at the course and/or program level.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of courses, programs, and College strategies.
- Demonstrates service to the College, profession, and/or community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to scholarship through professional development that enhances teaching and learning.
- Attends faculty meetings.
- Assists in the daily operations of the program as instructed by the supervisor.
- Models professional values in support of the mission, vision, educational outcomes, and strategic direction of the College.
- Performs other duties that may be in the best interest of the College as requested by Academic leadership.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with supervisor, identify goals in relation to professional development.
- Provides service to the College.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- A DHA, DBA or PhD in a related field, preferred;
- At MINIMUM, MHA or MPH is required at the time of application;
- Applicants in "candidate" status for Master's degrees will not be considered.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years professional healthcare leadership experience.
- Minimum of one year experience teaching at a higher education institution.
*Interviews will begin in August 2021 with an August 2022 start date.
**Candidates must include a cover letter indicating their professional experience, significant accomplishments and academic teaching areas of interest.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/01/2021