Faculty - Clinical Instructor - Surg Tech
PA College Of Health Sciences
9828 Health Sciences-Cert/Assoc
AS/AC Health Sciences
POSITION SUMMARY: Faculty provide classroom and/or clinical/laboratory instruction for students including the coordination, preparation and presentation of course materials and the evaluation of student progress. Integral aspects of the position include implementation of the College’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through classroom, clinical teaching, and service to the college, health system and community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- The Clinical Coordinator must be responsible for organization, administration, continuous review, planning development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Surgical Technology program.
- Facilitates didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical instruction, using strategies that stimulate interest and maximize student learning.
- Incorporates current theories, research, and practice into the design of instruction, including plans for development and revision.
- Supervises and assesses student learning to achieve outcomes at the course and/or program level.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of courses, programs, and College strategies.
- Demonstrates service to the college, profession, and/or community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to scholarship through professional development that enhances teaching and learning.
- Models professional values in support of the mission, vision, educational outcomes, and strategic direction of the College.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Complete a minimum of 15 contact hours per year of continuing education which increases knowledge base in content area and/or activities related to the faculty role.
- Participate in professional organizations.
- Participate in volunteer community activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday - Friday from 7AM - 5PM dependent on semester courses; an occasional Saturday and/or evening, as needed, for recruitment events.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 03/25/2020
- Current certification in the field of Surgical Technology through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA);
- Minimum of three years of experience, either in an operating room scrub role or as an instructor in Surgical Technology; or a combination of both, within the past 5 years;
- Valid US Driver's License;
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.