FT Neighborhood Security Officer
Lancaster General Hospital
1545 Parking Areas-Employees
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 40 hours/week; varied schedule with occasional weekend.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: To enhance the relationship between LGH and our neighbors surrounding the hospital by being responsive to their needs, providing effective communications and enforcing of hospital related polices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Make yourself known to members of the community, and respond to community request for assistance with LGH related issues to achieve positive outcomes.
- Patrol the assigned area independently, in a highly visible, proactive and professional manner.
- Identify employees that violate hospital polices and assure that the appropriate communications/ follow up takes place to assure compliance.
- Monitor hospital property and report all observed unsafe conditions and security events to the appropriate supervisor. Take immediate action as appropriate.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Safely operate a bicycle in various weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Maintain a daily log of activities, observations and interactions.
- Provide up to date information to local residence as requested by hospital administration.
- Assist other Security Officers as requested
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
Posted on 08/16/2019
- One (1) year security experience.