FT 1.0 Behavioral Health Resource Coordinator Remote(FT/varied)
1.0 FTE; No holidays or weekends; Work from home remote position; employee responsible to have and maintain computer, cell phone, and high speed internet connection.
Job Title: Behavioral Health Resource Coordinator-Remote(FT/Varied)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA but remote
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks no weekends or holidays working remotely, supporting Integrated Behavioral Support.
Assists through facilitating patients through the continuum of care and arranging transition needs under the direction of the Behavioral Health Consult team members. Employee responsible to have and maintain computer, cell phone and high speed internet.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodations) to perform the following duties:
- Assists department staff in facilitating patient transitions of post-acute providers and other community resources as requested, including completion of referral and authorizations processes as appropriate.
- Maintains professional relationships with a wide variety of community agencies by facilitating communication and information between clinical personnel and post-acute providers.
- Documents appropriate information on medical records regarding the transition plan. Assists with the coordination and communication of the discharge plan.
- Participates in reimbursement, certification and authorization related activities as directed.
- Documents payer authorization information as needed.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above.
- Interacts with patients and families, as needed, to coordinate post-acute services safely and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year customer service related experience preferably in a health care, behavioral health or community based social service setting.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivate and to prioritize tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Associate or enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program in a human services related field.
- Two (2) years of Behavioral Health experience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working among multi-disciplinary teams.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/22/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.