At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full time, 8:00-5:00 with occasional need to support 2nd and 3rd shift. This role will support the Emergency and Ambulatory Surgery teams.
POSITION SUMMARY: Leads overall experience activities in assigned operational areas in collaboration with departmental leaders with a focus on improving patient experience (Press Ganey, CAHPS performance, PMX Feedback, RedCap), employee experience and overall brand loyalty to Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health. Serves as facilitator and innovator for patient experience training. Observes, recognizes and celebrates teams with strong experience performance and supports areas where there are opportunities for improvement. Serves as a resource for Strategic Planning exercises.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Collaborates and coordinates work with HR and Operational Excellence teams to prioritize work and reduce leader burden.
- Collaborates regularly with Patient Representatives, Patient Education Specialists, Guest Services and Penn Medicine Experience Leaders
- Conducts continual assessment of assigned operational or focus areas, patient experience and employee experience data. Collaborates with leaders and teams to identify opportunities using the scientific method in order to generate actionable solutions.
- Distributes experience data, including reports and presentations to various levels of management.
- Identifies barriers to performance through quantitative data analysis, review of qualitative customer feedback, employee experience surveys, scientific observations, and one-on-one interviews with stakeholders.
- Assesses and diagnoses the culture, identifies the relationship between employee experience and the patient experience, and recommends strategies for improvement.
- Coaches focus areas in customized improvement plans.
- Develops, coordinates and leads implementation of evidence based best practices for improving key performance metrics.
- Serves as a resource for senior leadership to develop and align departmental goals and strategies advancing a culture of continuous improvement within the scope of Experience.
- Participates in or leads various committees or work groups related to Experience.
- Serves as a resource to University of Pennsylvania Health System and aligns work with The Penn Medicine Experience Standards and goals.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements improvement approaches in collaboration with focus area team members and leaders through documentation of standard work for key processes and use of daily accountability tools.
- Achieves sustainability of process improvement activities through the use of Continuous Improvement tools (DMAIC, Brainstorming, 5-Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, and root cause analysis).
- Facilitates C Experience training of divisional and interdisciplinary service groups in order to advance the strategic mission of the organization, including New Employee Orientation programs
- Facilitates training of leaders and staff for service standards, survey databases, data interpretation, experience related findings, and communication in order to promote consistency and a culture of system-wide experience excellence.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Understands the evolving regulations related to Bundled Payment Plans and current CMS reimbursement regulations related to patient experience.
- Educates and coaches staff on patient experience concepts, celebrates accomplishments with teams
- Assists with onboarding new employees and consultants to department by setting up access and completing paperwork.
- Participates and/or lead committees as directed including special event planning, execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or completion of Bachelor’s degree within 2 years of assuming the position.
- Three (3) years in a role that actively improves patient or customer experience, not necessarily in healthcare.
- Ability to influence, motivate and energize others and drive change; strong negotiation skills; action oriented; strong customer focus/passion; strong process management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate to advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with OR/ER experience is preferred.
- Five (5) years in a role that actively improves customer or patient experience, not necessarily in healthcare.
- Knowledge of customer satisfaction and design ideation techniques including but not limited to healthcare organization, hospitality and or retail industries.
- Customer or Patient Experience Certification; such as CPXP or similar
- Fundamental knowledge of and experience using lean management system principles of waste elimination and scientific problem-solving
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/18/2021