At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Leads overall experience initiatives in assigned operational areas with focus on improving patient satisfaction (Press Ganey and/or CAHPS performance), Employee Experience and overall brand loyalty to Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine. Also serves as facilitator and innovator for customer satisfaction/patient experience training. Directs, Coordinates and Critiques Clinical Simulation training. Serves as a resource for Strategic Planning exercises.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conducts continuous assessment of focus areas, patient satisfaction and employee experience data. Collaborates with leaders and teams to identify problems using the scientific method in order to generate actionable solutions.
- Deploys Customer Experience initiatives, including reports and presentations to senior leadership and various levels of management.
- Identifies barriers to performance through quantitative data analysis, review of qualitative customer feedback, best practice pilots, employee experience surveys, scientific observations, and one-on-one interviews with stakeholders.
- Assesses and diagnoses the culture, identify the relationship between employee experience and the patient experience, and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Coaches focus areas in customized improvement plans.
- Develops, coordinates and leads implementation of evidence based best practices for improving key performance metrics.
- Serves as a resource for senior leadership to develop and align departmental goals and strategies advancing a culture of continuous improvement within the scope of Customer Experience.
- Participates as an advisor in various committees or work groups related to Customer Experience.
- Serves as a resource to University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Identifies, recommends, and implements improvement approaches in collaboration with focus area team members and leaders through documentation of standard work for key processes and use of daily accountability tools.
- Achieves sustainability of process improvement activities through the use of Continuous Improvement tools (DMAIC, Brainstorming, 5-Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, and root cause analysis)
- Facilitates Customer Experience training of divisional and interdisciplinary service groups in order to advance the strategic mission of the organization.
- Facilitates training of leaders and staff for service standards, Press Ganey database, data interpretation, experience related findings, and communication in order to promote consistency and a culture of system-wide experience excellence.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Understands the evolving regulations related to Bundled Payment Plans and current CMS reimbursement regulations related to patient satisfaction.
- Educates and coaches staff on patient experience concepts, celebrates accomplishments with teams of improvements
- Assists with onboarding new employees and consultants to department by setting up access and completing paperwork.
- Participates and/or lead committees as directed including special event planning, execution.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or completion of Bachelor’s degree within 3 years of assuming the position.
- Three (3) years’ experience customer or clinical experience.
- Ability to influence, motivate and energize others and drive change; strong negotiation skills; action oriented; strong customer focus/passion; strong process management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate to advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Five (5) years’ customer or clinical experience.
- Knowledge of customer satisfaction and design ideation techniques including but not limited to healthcare organization, hospitality and or retail industries.
- Customer or Patient Experience Certification; such as CPXP or similar.
- Fundamental knowledge of and experience using lean management system principles of waste elimination and scientific problem-solving.
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others.
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material.
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/17/2021