Executive Assistant - Behavioral Health Leadership
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
4093 BH Line Administration
Behavioral Health Leadership
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full Time: 40 hrs per week. Mon-Fri 8 am to 4:30 pm. No weekends or major holidays. Candidates must have flexibility to come in early or stay late based on schedule of Executive.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides support to the Behavioral Health Service Line executive(s) in need, while supporting the overall needs of the office support staff and executive office. This support will be given in a way that is professional and cohesive with the mission and vision of the organization using the corporate values.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs executive gatekeeper and administrative functions for calendars, internal and external inquiries, general correspondence, contracts, purchases, meeting coordination, phone calls, emails, and requests. Dissimilates priorities and handles using independent judgment.
- Coordinates and tracks workflows, schedules, projects, including committee/board decisions, to ensure all are complete and accurate, while providing timely follow-up services. Provides research and support on special projects, preparing data, making recommendations, forming conclusions and occasionally presenting materials.
- Anticipates and performs administrative functions for executives, including decision-making within authorized scope, directing the decision-making to the proper authority, and personally solving issues.
- Coordinates executive travel arrangements (domestic and foreign), including working with outside agencies to determine favorable costs for transportation, lodging, schedules, meeting documentation and itineraries, while coordinating travel with other internal and external travelers. Performs the same when guests visit Lancaster General Health.
- Composes and prepares timely e-mails, correspondence, memos, presentations, and reports as needed using independent judgment. Takes shorthand dictation and/or transcribes from handwritten material or Dictaphone. Types, formats, and proofreads a variety of materials using flawless grammar. Creates reports, charts, databases, spreadsheets, statistics, meeting minutes, etc. to support the executives’ needs with minimal guidance.
- Anticipates and coordinates all aspects of meetings/conferences/events including logistics, technology and presenters for both internal and external locations. Creates and distributes invitations and agendas, builds relationships with meeting attendees, attends meetings to take notes and transcribes into minutes and distributes materials.
- Sets-up, organizes, maintains and updates files to ensure strict confidentiality with all Lancaster General Health information, and maintains security of physical and electronic information. Inputs and maintains data in prescribed systems, including support of external groups because of executive participation.
- Organizes and coordinates the flow of internal and external information while utilizing technology based communication platforms. Stays current on new and revised technologies, while sharing knowledge and supporting others, as appropriate.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides administrative support, as needed, for executives’ direct reports. These duties include the essential functions listed previously and vary between areas, needs and frequencies.
- Assists with onboarding new employees, consultants and guests, as appropriate.
- Responds to calls and visits from patients, their families, and the public-at-large; determining the urgency of the situation. Recommends appropriate referrals, informs executive when situation warrants the executives’ attention, and verifies follow-through and resolution.
- Maintains established department/organization policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and others as directed.
- Maintains department equipment and supplies.
- Attends meetings, as required and participates on committees, as directed.
- Maintains professional growth and development through educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Provides back-up support to the Executive Office Lobby and other support staff in the Executive Office as needed, while working in a team environment in a way that is professional, cohesive and respectful.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- More than five (5) years’ experience providing direct executive support and the ability to perform functions independently.
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office software including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency of English grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation.
- Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills with professional demeanor and the ability to make sound decisions with minimal direction.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a complimentary field.
- Two (2) or more years supporting a “C” executive.
- Previous executive support in a health care executive office and/or an organization with 5,000+ employees.
- Typing of 60 wpm, shorthand 70 wpm or equivalent Dictaphone experience.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/14/2021