Provides support to the executive(s) in need, complying with best practice standards facilitated by the Lead Executive Assistant, to support the overall needs of the organization. This support will be given in a way that is professional and cohesive with the mission and vision of the organization.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: 1 FTE. 40 hours a week
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists in the development of and complies with standard operating procedures as facilitated by the Lead Executive Assistant.
- Performs executive gatekeeper and administrative functions for calendars, internal and external inquiries, general correspondence, contracts, purchases, meeting coordination, phone calls, emails, and requests. Determines priorities and handles using independent judgment.
- Coordinates and tracks workflows, schedules, projects, including committee/board decisions, to ensure all are complete and accurate, while providing timely follow-up services. Provides research and support on special projects, preparing data, making recommendations, forming conclusions and occasionally presenting materials.
- Anticipates and performs administrative functions for executives, including decision-making within authorized scope, directing the decision-making to the proper authority, and personally solving issues.
- Coordinates executive travel arrangements (domestic and foreign), including working with outside agencies to determine favorable costs for transportation, lodging, schedules, meeting documentation and itineraries, while coordinating travel with other internal and external travelers. Performs the same for guests visiting Lancaster General Health.
- Composes and prepares timely e-mails, correspondence, memos, presentations, and reports as needed using independent judgment. Transcribes from handwritten material. Types, formats, and proofreads a variety of materials using flawless grammar. Creates reports, charts, databases, spreadsheets, statistics, meeting minutes, etc. to support the executives’ needs with minimal guidance.
- Anticipates and coordinates all aspects of meetings/conferences/events including logistics, technology and presenters for both internal and external locations. Creates and distributes invitations and agendas, builds relationships with meeting attendees, attends meetings to take notes and transcribes into minutes and distributes materials.
- Sets-up, organizes, maintains and updates files to ensure strict confidentiality with all Lancaster General Health information, and maintains security of physical and electronic information. Inputs and maintains data in prescribed systems, including support of external groups because of executive participation.
- Organizes and coordinates the flow of internal and external information while utilizing technology based communication platforms. Stays current on new and revised technologies, while sharing knowledge and supporting others, as appropriate.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides administrative support, as directed, for executives’ direct reports. These duties include the essential functions listed previously and vary between areas, needs and frequencies.
- Assists with on-boarding new employees, consultants and guests, as appropriate.
- Responds to calls and visits from patients, their families, and the public-at-large; determining the urgency of the situation. Recommends appropriate referrals, informs executive when situation warrants the executives’ attention, and verifies follow-through and resolution.
- Maintains established department/organization policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and others as directed.
- Maintains department equipment and supplies.
- Attends meetings, as required and participates on committees, as directed.
- Maintains professional growth and development through educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Provides back-up support to the Executive Office Lobby and other support staff in the Executive Office as needed, while working in a team environment in a way that is professional, cohesive and respectful.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 5 years experience in an Administrative Assistant role.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office software including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency of English grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation.
- Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills with professional demeanor and the ability to make sound decisions with minimal direction.
- Typing of 60 wpm.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a complimentary field.
- Previous executive support in a health care executive office and/or an organization with 5,000+ employees.
- More than three (3) years’ experience providing direct executive support and the ability to perform functions independently.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to reflect those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/25/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.