Epic Application Architect
POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides independent specific systems consulting, systems analysis, and overall application technical leadership related to the development and use of Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR). This position will be responsible for leading teams in defining programs, processes and services related to Epic applications and ancillary systems affected by the Epic applications. The EPIC Application Architect will act as a consultant with multiple external organizations to lead and implement solutions on a project basis
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides technical expertise in Epic applications and provide guidance for other applications related to new projects, functionality, enhancements, improved workflow(s), and performance or efficiency improvements.
- Provides the highest level of functional Epic expertise in addressing problems of system integration, compatibility, and performance in any level of multi-faceted networked environment; to include Business Intelligence tools.
- Provides consultative expertise and guidance in the integrated design and optimal implementation of related Epic modules to ensure application interoperability; including improved system design methods, security and technical standards, and build related to production support, system enhancements, and upgrades.
- Provides expertise in contemporary use of Epic automation to improve business performance.
- Works with Functional Architects to ensure that corresponding application architecture flows smoothly with full integration.
- Researches and advises on the most complex issues and projects related to Epic applications within the various environments.
- Meets strict timeliness and budget constraints while successfully managing customer and vendor expectations.
- Works with customer to define, document, and escalate critical issues and/or project decisions; assists with end-user presentations.
- Assesses current and new applications, relative to the Epic EMR, to determine potential value to the organization.
- Provides a unique source of specialized Epic expertise that can serve the needs of other organizations; provides wide ranging Epic application support for technical staff to maximize organizational Epic investments.
- Establishes and manages relationships to achieve transformational change with line staff, physicians, and management.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related field, or at least seven (7) years progressive relevant consulting experience.
- Minimum of four (4) to five (5) current Epic Certifications in designated areas of specialization including working knowledge of associated application discipline(s).
- Five (5) years of progressively increasing experience in implementing and supporting Epic applications, including multiple varied-site implementations (go-lives).
- Prior experience in IT consulting in a healthcare setting using Epic applications.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/priorities successfully
- Ability to negotiate, interact with and hold both internal and external parties accountable to project deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license as regional travel is required, up to 50% of the time depending on assigned projects and project requirements.
- Previous experience using quality improvement tools.
- Demonstrated competencies in analytical, team building and leadership skills.
- Sophisticated experience with varying levels of IT management.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/19/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.