Epic Application Architect
**This is a Novastream position.
HOURS: Full Time 1.0 FTE 40hrs/wk; Day Shift
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides independent specific systems consulting, systems analysis, and overall application technical leadership related to the development and use of Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR). This position will be responsible for leading teams in defining programs, processes and services related to Epic applications and ancillary systems affected by the Epic applications. The EPIC Application Architect will act as a consultant with multiple external organizations to lead and implement solutions on a project basis
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides technical expertise in Epic applications and provide guidance for other applications related to new projects, functionality, enhancements, improved workflow(s), and performance or efficiency improvements.
- Provides the highest level of functional Epic expertise in addressing problems of system integration, compatibility, and performance in any level of multi-faceted networked environment; to include Business Intelligence tools.
- Provides consultative expertise and guidance in the integrated design and optimal implementation of related Epic modules to ensure application interoperability; including improved system design methods, security and technical standards, and build related to production support, system enhancements, and upgrades.
- Provides expertise in contemporary use of Epic automation to improve business performance.
- Works with Functional Architects to ensure that corresponding application architecture flows smoothly with full integration.
- Researches and advises on the most complex issues and projects related to Epic applications within the various environments.
- Meets strict timeliness and budget constraints while successfully managing customer and vendor expectations.
- Works with customer to define, document, and escalate critical issues and/or project decisions; assists with end-user presentations.
- Assesses current and new applications, relative to the Epic EMR, to determine potential value to the organization.
- Provides a unique source of specialized Epic expertise that can serve the needs of other organizations; provides wide ranging Epic application support for technical staff to maximize organizational Epic investments.
- Establishes and manages relationships to achieve transformational change with line staff, physicians, and management.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related field, or at least 7 years progressive relevant consulting experience.
- Minimum of five current Epic Certifications in designated areas of specialization is required, including working knowledge of associated application discipline(s).
- 5 years of progressively increasing experience in implementing and supporting Epic applications, including multiple varied-site implementations (go-lives).
- Prior experience in IT consulting in a healthcare setting using Epic applications.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/priorities successfully
- Ability to negotiate, interact with and hold both internal and external parties accountable to project deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license as regional travel is required, up to 50% of the time depending on assigned projects and project requirements.
- Previous experience using quality improvement tools preferred.
- Demonstrated competencies in analytical, team building and leadership skills preferred.
- Sophisticated experience with varying levels of IT management preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 10/22/2019