Epic Application Architect
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides independent specific systems consulting, systems analysis, and overall application technical leadership related to the development and use of Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR). This position will be responsible for leading teams in defining programs, processes and services related to Epic applications and ancillary systems affected by the Epic applications. The EPIC Application Architect will act as a consultant with multiple external organizations to lead and implement solutions on a project basis
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides technical expertise in Epic applications and provide guidance for other applications related to new projects, functionality, enhancements, improved workflow(s), and performance or efficiency improvements.
- Provides the highest level of functional Epic expertise in addressing problems of system integration, compatibility, and performance in any level of multi-faceted networked environment; to include Business Intelligence tools.
- Provides consultative expertise and guidance in the integrated design and optimal implementation of related Epic modules to ensure application interoperability; including improved system design methods, security and technical standards, and build related to production support, system enhancements, and upgrades.
- Provides expertise in contemporary use of Epic automation to improve business performance.
- Works with Functional Architects to ensure that corresponding application architecture flows smoothly with full integration.
- Researches and advises on the most complex issues and projects related to Epic applications within the various environments.
- Meets strict timeliness and budget constraints while successfully managing customer and vendor expectations.
- Works with customer to define, document, and escalate critical issues and/or project decisions; assists with end-user presentations.
- Assesses current and new applications, relative to the Epic EMR, to determine potential value to the organization.
- Provides a unique source of specialized Epic expertise that can serve the needs of other organizations; provides wide ranging Epic application support for technical staff to maximize organizational Epic investments.
- Establishes and manages relationships to achieve transformational change with line staff, physicians, and management.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related field, or at least seven (7) years progressive relevant consulting experience.
- Minimum of four (4) to five (5) current Epic Certifications in designated areas of specialization including working knowledge of associated application discipline(s).
- Five (5) years of progressively increasing experience in implementing and supporting Epic applications, including multiple varied-site implementations (go-lives).
- Prior experience in IT consulting in a healthcare setting using Epic applications.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/priorities successfully
- Ability to negotiate, interact with and hold both internal and external parties accountable to project deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license as regional travel is required, up to 50% of the time depending on assigned projects and project requirements.
- Previous experience using quality improvement tools.
- Demonstrated competencies in analytical, team building and leadership skills.
- Sophisticated experience with varying levels of IT management.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/07/2022