Environmental Services Supervisor-(Full Time, Night Shift
Monday through Friday 10:30 pm to 7 am. may require additional hours for meetings, training...
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs housekeepers in accomplishing the housekeeping services of the hospital interior and related hospital properties as well as coordinating, assigning and monitoring projects in patient, clinical and public areas.
Job: Environmental Services Supervisor
Hours: FT, Nights-10:30pm-7:00am-Mon-Fri, may require additional hours for meetings, training...
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Interviews job applicants and investigates and assesses recommended terminations of employees for final decisions by the Manager.
- Responsible for testing and making recommendations on products, systems, and procedure changes and methods relative to greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties, such as lubricating equipment, replacing and repairing component parts, adjusting and regulating of equipment, repairing machines, and ensuring proper conditioning of off-site vehicle.
- Develops operational procedures for equipment, observing and evaluating equipment usage.
- Directs a safety program, with investigation and corrective follow up of safety issues and holds regular staff meetings.
- Attends in-services and programs as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and technical school background.
- Current Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Two (2) years of experience in a hospital setting.
- Strong supervisory administrative skills.
- Two (2) years of experience in a hospital environmental services setting.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/20/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.