Environmental Service Technician
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the director of Environmental Services Manager and Administrative Supervisor, the Housekeeper cleans and services patient, public, clinical, and administrative areas, maintaining the standards of Lancaster General Hospital.
HOURS: 4:00pm-12:30am, every other weekend, 3 holiday a year
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including, but not limited to, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, window sills, door frames, vents, televisions, walls, light fixtures and windows, following universal precautions.
- Dries and wet mops rooms, hallways, stairs, bathroom, and offices; spot cleans and vacuums carpets.
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen following universal precautions. Fills supply dispensers.
- Contacts nursing personnel for discharges/transfers of patients, reporting available patient rooms and sending maintenance requests via computer system.
- Wears and answers pager responding to routine requests.
- Removes, washes, and rehangs cubicle curtains, shower curtains, and window treatments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of universal precaution, MSDS, and compactor recycling operations, and applies as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Keeps service closets and housekeeper carts properly stocked, orderly, and cleaned.
- Reports hospital property and equipment in need of repair, transfers furniture, and spot cleans furniture, as necessary.
- Attends in-services and programs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Six (6) months of experience in hospitality/medical housekeeping.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/31/2021