Environmental Service Specialist (Full Time/ 3rd Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) 3rd Shift. Monday through Friday 6 pm to 2:30 am. may require a rotation of weekends.
Up to $1,000 Sign on Bonus! (External Candidates)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Manager, Administrative Supervisor, the Maintenance Housekeeper maintains the hospital and hospital owned properties, refinishing/scrubbing floors, shampooing/bonnetting carpet and furniture as well as performing routing housekeeping functions. This includes all major housekeeping projects and moves as well as individual requests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including, but not limited to, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, window sills, door frames, vents, televisions, walls, covebase, light fixtures, and windows following universal precautions.
- Refinishes floors, including machine scrubbing and floor stripping, and applies floor finish.
- Wears and answers pager responding to routine requests.
- Shampoos furniture and spots/bonnetts/extracts carpet, as necessary.
- Possesses a working knowledge of universal precautions MSDS, and compactor recycling operations, and applies as necessary.
- Disposes of, transfers, or stores hospital furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Removes, washes, and rehangs cubicle curtains, shower curtains, and window treatments.
- Dries and wet mops rooms, hallways, stairs, bathroom, and offices.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen following universal precautions.
- Maintains hospital property and equipment reporting anything in need of repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year of experience in hospitality/medical housekeeping.
- One (1) year of experience operating housekeeping-related equipment.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/07/2022