Enterprise Data Warehouse Administrator
Lancaster General Hospital
2521 IS Application Services
Business Intelligence-Database Services
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time- Day Shift- Weekly rotational On-Call( Once in every 3 weeks)
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the position will be the managing and maintaining (day to day operations) the Enterprise Data warehouse. Coordinate with IT database administrators, systems administrators, and SME’s regarding data warehouse development, migration of data through manual or ETL processes, revision and update of datamarts and cubes, procedure development, troubleshooting, system configuration, security administration, and accounts setup.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Install, deploy and upgrade EDW applications; maintain documentation, and performs routine systems administration maintenance activities.
- Develops data models and data maps for data warehouse system.
- Develops processes and applications for migration/transformation of data from various systems to the data warehouse system.
- Administer and maintains Epic and non Epic - data marts, data cubes, and queries.
- Provides assistance to end users and programmers regarding data warehouse related problems and issues.
- Initiates processes and documentation of CDW data warehousing system; develops procedures to ensure security and integrity of data.
- Manages end-user accounts and accessibility; provides technical expertise to end-users who create complex queries and reports.
- Coordinates, schedules, and tests upgrades to the data warehouse system.
- Researches and evaluates software, system upgrades and enhancements, and provides technical recommendations.
- Keeps current with the latest technology; regularly attends Epic technical training in order to maintain technical competenc
- Conducts research into new data warehouse applications and determines viability for adoption.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to business users, team members and other IT staff on BI/DW database design and data management best practices, techniques, standards and approaches.
- Interfaces with vendors to provide support and requirements definitions.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience In-depth knowledge of RDBMS systems, specifically MS SQL and management tools
- Strong SQL skills including the ability to write complex queries for performance improvement
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working with database analysis & design tools; using reporting applications; or creating ad hoc reports.
- In-depth knowledge of Data Modeling concepts and tools
- In-depth knowledge Data Mart design concepts
- In-depth knowledge of database programming including stored procedures using TSQL
Posted on 11/27/2019
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- Knowledge in data warehouse systems or database administration.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP Business Objects tool set
- Knowledge in Epic reporting tools