Employer Well-being Coordinator
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Part Time (0.7 FTE; 28hrs/wk) M-F day shift hours with occasional earlier starts in the morning to support company screenings.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position works under limited direction from the Manager of Corporate Health to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health promotion programs for employees and the business community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Manage a case load of corporate wellness clients and provide ongoing guidance to support employee well-being initiatives.
- Coordinate and facilitate various health promotion programs for employees, including health screenings, wellness presentations, behavior change programs, and other onsite well-being events.
- Assess group and individual needs and recommend/refer to appropriate and available resources and programs.
- Collect and utilize data to evaluate program outcomes, produce meaningful employer reports and present findings and recommendation to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the delivery of quality programs and an exceptional experience for employer partners.
- Represent the corporate wellness division of Penn Medicine HealthWorks as an employee wellness expert and resource in the business community.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Develop educational programs and communications for various populations using appropriate age and culturally competent teaching strategies.
- Provide health coaching and care navigation services to diverse populations in group and 1:1 settings.
- Assist with planning, scheduling, preparing and staffing health screenings.
- Support internal process improvement initiatives to standardize quality services and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education or related field or current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Three (3+) years in health education & teaching.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with public speaking to a wide range of audiences and diverse populations: executives to staff level. Group and 1:1.
- Program development and program administration experience.
- Ability to travel locally and to neighboring counties.
- Masters in Health Education or Public Health.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES).
- Certification in Health Coaching.
- Previous experience in wellness, prevention and health promotion education.
- Experience working with adults.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/24/2021