Emergency Communications Dispatcher (Part-Time 7a-3p)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster, PA. Part-time, .2 FTE, every other Thursday and Friday 7am-3pm, holidays as scheduled.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Coordinates and dispatches emergency and routine services for internal and external customers. Patient care/customer service includes care/service to patients/customers in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Receive emergency calls from internal emergency numbers at LGH and LGH Health Pavilion (7911, 3911)as well as panic alarms within LGH . Dispatchers must take appropriate actions to coordinate Security, Fire, Haz Mat, and EMS. Dispatcher for any and all emergencies which require non clinical emergency response (combative patients/visitors, fires, vandalism, facility malfunctions, elevator entrapment, facility alarms, panic alarms, door alarms, equipment alarms). Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health (LGH) dispatchers elevate response to local emergency responders as necessary/if incident exceeds internal capabilities (in alignment with HICS standards).
- Dispatch and track Hospital Security Officers on Emergent and non emergent Events.
- Monitor and maintain recorders for Closed Circuit Security and Trauma Cameras.
- Coordinates Helicopter Transfer requests and Landings at LGH.
- Coordination center for all hospital related transports with EMS.
- Coordinate Medical Command and EMS Medical Reports.
- Dispatching and Re-dispatching testing responsibilities for EMS and Fire.
- Responsible for hospital divert notifications.
- Responsible for daily statistical information.
- Information system management with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), database and statistical information management- CAD system reports on emergency resource activities, patient transport discharges, alarm activations, med command events, other emergencies as needed.
- Performance Improvement activities.
- Provide EMS Coordination for WBH Perinatal Response Teams.
- Follow Emergency Procedures Guidelines (Code; K, H, Blue. Condition; 8, red, yellow, green. And Bomb Threats). Operates under JCO standard EM. 02.02.01. to ensure communications with internal and external resources/emergency responders is maintained at all times up to and including PEMA radio operation.
- Provide close communication with Nursing Supervisor on numerous events.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provide directions to LGH for patients and visitors unfamiliar area.
- Provide license / employee sticker information to security.
- Coordinate requests for county emergency resources to LGH. When external resources are provided, the LGH ECC's role is to bridge coms with the facility ops teams and external ops teams until unified command is otherwise established.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.or
- Customer Service Skills / Communication Skills.
- Computer Experience (Windows Word, Excel / Lotus Approach / Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)/ Database management).
- One (1) year of experience in EMS, Emergency Dispatching, Police, Fire, or Security; and/or one (1) year working with police, hospital and/or community transport, and/or inpatient hospital patient related care/service.
- Recognized Telecommunicator Course or Emergency Medical Technician preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/09/2021