ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Coordinates and dispatches emergency and routine services for internal and external customers. Patient care/customer service includes care/service to patients/customers in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
This position is .2 FTE, part-time, days. 7am-3pm every other weekend (Saturday, Sunday).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Receive emergency calls from internal emergency numbers at LGH and LGH Health Pavilion (7911, 3911)as well as panic alarms within LGH . Dispatchers must take appropriate actions to coordinate Security, Fire, Haz Mat, and EMS. Dispatcher for any and all emergencies which require non clinical emergency response (combative patients/visitors, fires, vandalism, facility malfunctions, elevator entrapment, facility alarms, panic alarms, door alarms, equipment alarms). Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health (LGH) dispatchers elevate response to local emergency responders as necessary/if incident exceeds internal capabilities (in alignment with HICS standards).
- Dispatch and track Hospital Security Officers on Emergent and non emergent Events.
- Monitor and maintain recorders for Closed Circuit Security and Trauma Cameras.
- Coordinates Helicopter Transfer requests and Landings at LGH.
- Coordination center for all hospital related transports with EMS.
- Coordinate Medical Command and EMS Medical Reports.
- Dispatching and Re-dispatching testing responsibilities for EMS and Fire.
- Responsible for hospital divert notifications.
- Responsible for daily statistical information.
- Information system management with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), database and statistical information management- CAD system reports on emergency resource activities, patient transport discharges, alarm activations, med command events, other emergencies as needed.
- Performance Improvement activities.
- Provide EMS Coordination for WBH Perinatal Response Teams.
- Follow Emergency Procedures Guidelines (Code; K, H, Blue. Condition; 8, red, yellow, green. And Bomb Threats). Operates under JCO standard EM. 02.02.01. to ensure communications with internal and external resources/emergency responders is maintained at all times up to and including PEMA radio operation.
- Provide close communication with Nursing Supervisor on numerous events.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provide directions to LGH for patients and visitors unfamiliar area.
- Provide license / employee sticker information to security.
- Coordinate requests for county emergency resources to LGH. When external resources are provided, the LGH ECC's role is to bridge coms with the facility ops teams and external ops teams until unified command is otherwise established.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.or
- Customer Service Skills / Communication Skills.
- Computer Experience (Windows Word, Excel / Lotus Approach / Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)/ Database management).
- One (1) year of experience in EMS, Emergency Dispatching, Police, Fire, or Security; and/or one (1) year working with police, hospital and/or community transport, and/or inpatient hospital patient related care/service.
- Recognized Telecommunicator Course or Emergency Medical Technician preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.