Lancaster General Hospital
7551 Fertility Care
Job Title: Embryologist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks primarily dayshift with weekends/holidays dependant on workload
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the Penn Medicine Fertility Care Lancaster General Health in-vitro fertilization laboratory team, the incumbent's primary focus is to participate in the daily operation of the human IVF and andrology laboratories. This position includes 'hands-on' involvement in clinical IVF laboratory work as directed by the Laboratory Medical Director. This position requires a focus on patient service, maintenance of the highest technical standards and provision of the services and resources necessary to support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Undertake embryology laboratory procedures as directed.
- Attention to detail with an awareness and understanding of the sensitive and confidential nature of ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) treatment.
- Complete competency in latest technologies including, but not limited to: trophetoderm biopsy, oocyte vitrification, and complex micromanipulation skills
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of reproductive biology including the male and female reproductive system
- Must be comfortable with the physical handling of oocytes, embryos and semen including hazardous specimens
- Management of aseptic techniques
- Must be competent in the correct assessment and grading of oocyte, embryo and sperm morphology
- Ability to teach and perform all micromanipulation techniques with knowledge of troubleshooting when applicable
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate patient logs and laboratory reports in EMR system and communicate detailed information to patients, staff and regulatory bodies
- Develops and completes clinical research projects which are publishable,provides support for manuscript preparation and editing
- Provides support for CAP inspection preparedness and inspections
- Desire to obtain additional competency certification by the American Board of Bioanalysis.
- Participate in Continuing Technical Improvement exercises.
- Maintain technical proficiency in routine laboratory procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of routine and ad hoc analyses of data relating to performance of the laboratory and individual technologists and to specific research projects.
- Delivers patient/customer services seamlessly across system boundaries
- Handles stressful patient/customer situations appropriately. Ensures patient/customer and family confidentiality, respect, safety and security.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a biological science 5 years of experience in a laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all routine embryology and andrology laboratory procedures including micromanipulation and biopsy of gametes and embryos.
Posted on 08/12/2019
- Preferred Certification: American Board of Bioanalyst (ABB):TS