PA College Of Health Sciences
Learning Development- Leadership
POSITION SUMMARY: The Education Librarian interacts with PA College students, faculty, administrators, and LG Health personnel to enhance the learner-centered culture, and foster information literacy and lifelong learning throughout the institution. Reports to the Director of Library Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment
- Works closely with learners and researchers in providing subject expertise and guidance, identifying needs and knowledge gaps, and working to ensure that identified information requirements are met.
- Provides real-time and virtual instruction, including orientations and one-on-one consultations
- Designs, creates and maintains learning resources in a variety of media
- Interacts with learners to define needs, and design targeted tools to fulfill specific educational objectives
- Interfaces with departments, groups, and individuals throughout PA College LG Health to gain understanding and identify opportunities and strategies to promote information literacy.
- Develops assessment strategies for measuring the impact of information literacy efforts, innovating and adjusting methods and approaches to increase effectiveness
- Actively participates in departmental and division projects, collaborating with librarians and stakeholders to achieve shared success.
- Ensures that the educational needs of on-site and remote learners are consistently addressed, including access to collections and tools for the acquisition of information literacy.
- Provides expert literature search support to the communities served by the library.
- Collaborates with the Director of Library Services to train and oversee library aides and student workers.
- Perform interlibrary loan and literature searches, as needed
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Keeps abreast of the latest technological trends relating to information literacy and instructional media identifying opportunities for new services, or enhancements, or upgrades to existing.
- Assist in collection development activities in all media, including research and assessment of emerging educational technologies. Makes purchase recommendations as appropriate.
- Provides general reference and troubleshooting support.
- Establishes and strengthens individual and intradepartmental relationships within PA College as well as with LG Health constituencies and stakeholders through participation on committees, group initiatives and projects, and through one-on-one collaborations.
- Represents the College through participation in professional organizations.
- Participates as an active member of the Learning Commons team to support a learner-centered environment and the mission and goals of the College
- Other duties as assigned.
HOURS: Day shift - 8am - 5pm; hours adjusted, as needed, to serve patrons.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library/Information Science.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience within an academic and/or clinical health sciences library
- Superior research skills utilizing a wide spectrum of databases and other resources.
- Ability to convey information literacy concepts clearly and confidently to a variety of audiences, in person, as well as digitally.
- Demonstrated teaching proficiency; Ability to create, develop, and apply learner-centered instructional techniques utilizing diverse tools, platforms, and media.
- Understanding of library systems and processes, awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as fluency in the online environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management capabilities.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 03/03/2021