EPIC Infrastructure Analyst
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2522 IS Technical Services
IS Technical Services
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) 8:00am-4:30pm, on-call, some weekends
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day backend operational support for Epic and other clinical application environments. Provides technical assistance to analysts supporting applications and may serve as technical liaison to the IS Infrastructure and E-Health teams. Helps to maintain and document existing and future environment configurations such as software and application updates and patches. Also, assists Epic Engineers in upgrades by documenting and reviewing tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists EPIC Infrastructure Engineers with the coordinated design of elements (i.e. servers, storage, networking, devices) that cross IT technology areas in such examples as virtualization and the further integration of healthcare devices and applications.
- Assures technology elements deployed by LG Health:
-Are compatible with one another
- Represent consistent and future proof technology decisions
-Accurately reflect business technology requirements
- Provides information to EPIC Engineers to support the defining of project requirements for work to be performed by departmental resources.
- Establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with customers, team members and IS Division to ensure quality service.
- Provides system administration as directed for select applications and systems. Provides system status updates to senior engineer/engineer upon request.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree, preferably in a computer-related field.
- Two (2) years of supporting or maintaining an application.
- Two (2) years of providing direct end-user support.
- Two (2) years of application testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the specific skill set areas for identified position in the Infrastructure Skill Set Matrix
- Demonstrated organizational, project management and process improvement experience and training.
- Significant diagnostic and logical analysis skills.
- Firm understanding of networking, operating systems, storage, virtualization and other basic foundational IT skills.
- Good understanding of clinical and administrative applications and systems, and the interrelationship between them and their underlying support technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including interpretive communication skills to clearly understand and share information in a manner that is clear and concise to all parties involved.
- Ability to forge consensus among differing groups and priorities.
- Ability to adapt well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
This positions is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/15/2021