EEG Technologist (PRN)
Per-Diem, day-shift hours needed, covering on-call hours and weekends.
POSITION SUMMARY :Under general supervision, performs prescribed neuro-diagnostic testing procedures requiring specialized knowledge and skills in support of the provision of diagnostic testing.Testing includes: EEG, evoked potentials, and specialized tests within the scope of their practice. Provides findings, results and a descriptive analysis according to facility policy and procedure. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Function as a resource person to patients and family members, physicians and their staff, hospital staff and EEG technician coworkers.
- Prepare patient for procedures as appropriate to requirements; conduct chart/clinical staff review, determine essential medical and social history, conduct intake interview and document information necessary for accurate interpretation of electro-diagnostic studies
- Perform high quality EEG recordings in accordance with department policies including routine, ambulatory and long term monitoring for all age groups. Able to edit and prepare neuro-diagnostic test when required by the physician
- Recognizes clinically significant events and critical findings and follows department procedures to notify appropriate physicians
- Enter orders and patient charges via clinical information system
- Identify and respond to emergencies to ensure safety of patients served
- Assist in maintaining and trouble- shooting issues with lab equipment
- Assist in establishing and maintaining department procedures and protocols
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Orient new technicians, provide ad hoc education and conduct Peer Review
- Provide direct and indirect supervision to EEG Technologists as required.
- Review, analyze, and compile monthly reports on the quality assurance activities associated with EEG services. Communicate all appropriate information to physician group per procedures
- Assist in coordination of education sessions and competency creation and sign off. Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited Electroneuro-diagnostic technology program or an Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university or equivalent job related experience.
- Any new incumbents hired after 8/1/2019 are required to be credentialed in electro-encephalography (R.EEG T) or eligible for completion within twenty-four (24) months of hire date.
- Two (2) years previous hospital experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/03/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.