EEG Technnologist - 1.0
Lancaster General Hospital
Neuroscience Administrative Support
Job Title: EEG Technologist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Full-time 1.0 FTE, 80hr per two weeks as needed hour Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm with weekend and Evening on call every third week
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a casual EEG technologist to cover as needed Lancaster General Hospital, Women and Babies Hospital and The Neuroscience Institute. Under minimal supervision performs a wide variety of neurodiagnostic studies to include EEG, evoked potentials, and specialized studies in the laboratory.
- Perform basic intake patient interview necessary for performance of electro-diagnostic studies
- Perform advanced EEG recordings including routine, ambulatory and long term monitoring for all age groups
- Identify critical findings and report to appropriate physicians
- Enter orders and patient charges via clinical information system
- Be able to identify and respond to emergencies to ensure safety of patients served
- Assist in maintaining and trouble- shooting issues with lab equipment
- Assist in establishing and maintaining department procedures and protocols.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from a COmission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program(CAAHEP) accredited Electroneuro-diagnostic technology profram or an Associates degree or higher from an accredited College or Universiuty or equivalent job related experience.
- Any new incumbents hired after 8/1/2019 are required to be credentialed in electro-encephalography(REEGT) or eligible for completion within twelve months of hire date
- Two (2) years previous hospital experience.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Posted on 08/12/2019