3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Horizon Healthcare Services Logistics
Job Title: Driver-Part-time
This position is based in Lancaster, PA
Part-time, 0.5 working a minimum of 20 hours per week with more hours available depending on availability. Shifts are days and or into evenings with occasional weekend day and on call shift,may be required(can discuss). Company owned vehicle used making deliveries from Lancaster based location. Interesting, fun and stress free position delivering medical supplies and medicines to individual patients . Positive attitued and good communicatin skills necessary.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
To provide delivery services to clients of Horizon Healthcare Services (HHS), including the transport of medications and supplies to patient homes, hospitals and nursing homes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- At beginning of each shift, telephones assigned customers to coordinate delivery of supplies and medications and ensure excellence in customer service.
- Verifies patient name on the delivery ticket and medication label prior to leaving Horizon.
- Consistently presents and demonstrates professionalism & a positive attitude when communicating with customers either in person or via telephone.
- Consistently determines which deliveries are time-sensitive and acts to ensure that delivery deadlines are met.
- Drives vehicle to deliver medications and supplies to assigned clients, ensuring delivery to proper destination, maintaining proper temperature control, completing all required documentation, instructing patients in proper storage of medications and obtaining proper signatures.
- Route traveled is not regular and will vary greatly from day to day.
- Verifies patient name on the delivery ticket and medication label prior to handing the delivery to the customer.
- Understands and obeys all traffic regulations, including wearing seatbelt at all times, and operates vehicle safely in all weather conditions. Uses cell phone only when necessary for work-related reasons and obeying cell phone regulations.
- Accurately & legibly records all required information on daily route sheet and returns completed paperwork to designated office location according to established timeframes.
- Consistently maintains the separation between “clean” and “dirty” areas of the delivery vehicle.
- Ensures that patient supply pick-ups and returned equipment or bio-hazard containers are taken to the appropriate area of the warehouse with proper patient identification attached.
- Notes all delivery/pick-up issues and reports to the pharmacy or delivery coordinator as they occur.
- Reports any observed patient safety issues to the Warehouse Manager or patient safety officer (Vice President-Operations).
- Displays flexibility, adaptability and a positive attitude by making him/herself available to cover a variety of assignments
- If applicable, maintains company vehicle in clean, neat appearance inside and out, and notifies manager of vehicle problems and routine maintenance needs. If driving personal vehicle, ensures that vehicle is functioning in safe working condition, and is clean, neat and tidy.
- Completes all mandatory annual training.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Valid driver’s license and ability to safety operate company and/or personal vehicles in all weather conditions. Individual must be able to meet and maintain Driver Qualification Standards.
- Two (2) years of operating a motor vehicle.
This job requires a Motor Vehicle Background Check
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MDI
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 06/02/2021