Dosimetrist (Full-Time/Day Shift)
Functions as an expert technical advisor to the Radiation Oncologist and Radiation Physicist by performing mathematical and computer-assisted functions to ensure the accurate delivery of radiation dose to precise volumes of tumor-bearing tissues and sparing dose to surrounding normal structures. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
LOCATION: Hybrid, Lancaster, PA and remote
HOURS: Full-time, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week working Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm or 8:00am-4:30pm. Weekend, holiday, and on-call rotation. Opportunity to work approximately 60% remotely after completion of on-site training. Details to be discussed during interview.
SIGN ON BONUS: $7,500 with a 2-year commitment to the organization (external applicants and eligible internal applicants only)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Acquires appropriate patient measurements, CT scans, MRI scans, etc. to provide accurate treatment plans/calculations and to provide the best possible method of delivering the prescribed dose.
- Documents all appropriate information in the patient chart and the electronic chart, and documents any changes during treatment.
- Maintains dosimetry records as required. Maintains equipment and supplies in dosimetry section.
- Aids and/or instructs staff in simulation and in implementing treatment plan. Is available to respond to any changes/problems with daily treatment.
- Performs checks and calibrations on equipment as directed. Performs electron calibrations as needed for prescribed treatment. Performs quality assurance on treatment plans.
- Is authorized user of brachytherapy sources. Assists physician and performs computer dosimetry in all cases. Monitors incoming and outgoing shipments of radioactive material. Performs surveys, and calculates and documents exposure levels.
- Participates in department performance improvement initiatives.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree or combination of Associate's degree and at least 5 years of experience.
- Certification as a Medical Dosimetrist issued by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB) OR Graduate of an accredited medical dosimetry program with board certification required within the first two years of placement/hire
- Completion of a one (1) year dosimetry program with one to three (1 - 3) years of full-time experience under a qualified medical physicist
- One (1) or more years of experience in Dosimetry specialties (Tomotherapy, HDR Brachytherapy).
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, transducer, HDR unit, portal vision system, linear accelerator, simulator, orthovoltage
Software: Microsoft Office Products, PCS, Treatment Planning and Localization software system, Nucletron treatment planning, Portal Vision, Impac, Prostate Implant Planning software. IMRT and IGRT software, RAD Calc.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/23/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.