• Generate radiation therapy treatment plans using computer software and various imaging modalities; demonstrating strong attention to detail.
• Create plans 3D, IMRT ,VMAT, SBRT. Plans for True beam, TOMO and Cyber knife. Use of DIBH, and 4DCT when appropriate.
• Delineate fusion of diagnostic studies with radiation treatment CT dataset and delineate normal
• Identify the need to use compensation filters, custom shields, and other beam modifying devices.
• Perform patient specific in-vivo activities under the direction of the medical physicist.
• Perform or assist in the planning of the production immobilization devices while assisting and/or consulting during treatment simulations as necessary in accordance with state laws.
• Effectively communicate plan details with physicians and staff; able to offer alternative solutions.
• Consults and communicates to the therapy staff regarding the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment variables.
• Transfers treatment plans, treatment parameters, field DRR’s, and setup photos and notes to ARIA (record & verify system). Must possess an understanding of the transfer process and verify treatment planning information post transfer.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
**For more information about the Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute, please click here. For a virtual tour of the facility, please click here. To learn more about some of the team members, click here.
- MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor of Science degree
Certification as a Medical Dosimetrist issued by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB) OR Graduate of an
accredited medical dosimetry program with board certification required within the first two years of placement/hire
Completion of a one (1) year dosimetry program with one (1) year of full-time experience under a qualified medical physicist
One (1) or more years of experience in Dosimetry specialties (Tomotherapy, HDR Brachytherapy)